Hi, welcome to our recipe blog. Here you can obtain a guide on just how to make very tasty SMOKY CHICKPEA LENTIL SOUP dishes. The production procedure is very easy, you just need to comply with the methods that we have actually created on this web page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to prepare SMOKY CHICKPEA LENTIL SOUP. Please comply with the guidelines well.
Chickpeas, lentils, and plenty of aromatics join forces in a comforting soup with rich depth of flavor. This hearty vegetarian main is brimming with plant-powered protein, fiber, and good-for-you nutrients.
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 large carrot, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup green lentils
- 4 cups (32 oz.) unsalted vegetable stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast for topping (optional)
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large stock pot over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; cook 3 minutes, until softened. Add garlic; cook 1 minute. Add tomato paste, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add lentils, stock, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes, until lentils are al dente.
- Click here to get more instructions
Thanks for seeing our blog. Hopefully the guidelines for making SMOKY CHICKPEA LENTIL SOUP dishes above can be helpful for you. And also don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and also share it with all your friends.
Originally posted 2018-03-24 06:11:53.