Hot chocolate, light, or even dark is something that brings a smile to your face by just thinking about it. Not only does it come in a unique aroma, but it is also relaxing and soothing, especially after a long day at work. It calms down your nerves, making you feel more relaxed and comfortable.
Adding other ingredients to your hot chocolate recipe takes the entire experience a notch higher. Adding Lavender and CBD oil to your cup of hot chocolate expands the benefits your body receives in terms of nutrition and relaxation. Besides, it enhances your mood levels and in some cases, gives a boost to your social capabilities. Here is a recipe for you to try out.
- 1 cup of the desired type of milk (almond, hemp or even coconut for those who prefer a vegan hot chocolate. However, each brings in a new taste or flavor).
- 1 tablespoon of culinary lavender.
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder (unsweetened).
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- CBD oil (neutral in flavor/ flavorless).
- Salt (a pinch and is optional according to individual preferences).
- Using a small pot, boil milk.
- Add the lavender to the boiling milk and cover for approximately 10 minutes. It offers time for the lavender to infuse (steeping) with the milk and retain the aroma and the nutrients that it brings as well.
- If convinced of successful infusion, strain the contents of the pot into a mug. It is advisable to use a very fine filter (strainer) to prevent lavender particles from seeping through into the cup.
- Add the cocoa powder.
- At the same time, blend in the vanilla extract, the maple syrup, and CBD oil. Stir the mix thoroughly and pour it into your favorite hot chocolate cup.
- Add a pinch of salt, if you so desire. You can skip the salt and have your CBD infused lavender hot chocolate as it is.
Serve immediately while still hot and steamy.
Why Add Lavender?
The essential ingredient in this recipe adds a fragrance or aroma to your cup of tea that draws people from afar. It eliminates flavors (grassy undertones) that may result from using CBD oil. In combination with other ingredients, it delivers several benefits to the body.
Studies indicate that lavender is therapeutic. It can induce relaxation and calmness in restless individuals or those suffering from anxiety. Also, it helps them sleep, ensuring they wake calmly and well-rested. Therefore, it may also be useful in the treatment of depression, which results from anxiety and restless behavior.
Other studies indicate that it is an essential anti-inflammatory agent with antiseptic properties. It can offer relief from pain, toothaches, and soreness from injuries or performances such as in athletes, among others. Furthermore, studies indicate that there is a possibility that it also promotes the growth of hair.
Importance of CBD oil
Cannabidiol is a compound derived from the hemp plant with extensive benefits medically. The legalization of this unique compound came as a result of its unique treatment capabilities for patients with epilepsy and other neuropathic conditions, including Alzheimer’s. CBD oil can combine with different structures in the body in specific the endocannabinoid system.
CBD binds with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the endocannabinoid system. The bond builds influence on different functions in the body. Through this process, a patient’s pain levels go down, and it provides relief from soreness, especially in the muscles. If facing intense back pain, or just came from surgery and the pain is unbearable, a little CBD oil provides the relief you need. It makes it essential for use by cancer patients, especially during chemotherapy.
Studies indicate that CBD oil can help combat the symptoms of schizophrenia, including psychosis. It can provide the calmness an individual requires. It has the ability to induce mental focus and retain a single thought or decision in your mind. Furthermore, it can ensure that you relax and sleep peacefully through the night.
CBD oil can improve your overall immune system. It grows on your appetite levels, enhances metabolism, induces sleep reducing cases of insomnia, eliminates anxiety and depression. Above all, it ensures you recover from any form of inflammation.
Adding CBD oil to your daily diet or chocolate cup in conjunction with lavender is a choice that you should never part. Besides, CBD oil can fight cancer cells with other unknown benefits that are yet to come to light.
Tips on selecting your recipe ingredients
The quality and quantity of ingredients you use in your CBD infused lavender hot chocolate determine not only the flavor but also the satisfaction that comes with taking one. Therefore, to be thorough in investigating your source of products and their quality. Here are some additional tips to help you along the way.
- Ensure you use high-quality CBD oil. Review the details that the source provides regarding your CBD oil. Know where it comes from, its growing conditions, potency levels, and how much to use for your hot chocolate with lavender flavor. Also, ensure the production process was at par to prevent having a substandard product.
- Do the same for all of the other ingredients and ensure their credibility before purchase and use.
- Understand the medical benefits of each of the ingredients and possible impacts you may go through once you take the mix, especially for first-timers.
- Put in the right quantities of your ingredients for your desired outcomes
- Be sure to mix up the recipes and try all of them before selecting the one to be your favorite. You might discover a new way of making it that others will love too.
- The ingredients in the mentioned recipes may or may not be available at your local stores. There are various online dispensaries where you can buy edibles online that are needed in our recipes.
CBD infused hot chocolate with lavender flavor is one of the best CBD oil-based beverages. Not only does it uniquely deliver the CBD oil, but it is also delicious and comes with many health benefits. Taking a mug or a cup of this specific beverage rivals many, and taking it after a tiring long day is advisable.