The production procedure is really simple, you just need to comply with the techniques that we have actually written on this web page. The following are the stages of exactly how to cook Vegan French Onion Soup Recipe.
3 tablespoons coconut oil (or your preferred cooking oil)
4 medium yellow onions , sliced
2 cloves of garlic , minced
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon Himalayan salt (or preferred salt), more to taste
Fresh ground pepper , to taste
1 teaspoon dried thyme
2 bay leaves
3/4 cup red wine
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 quarts vegetable broth , low sodium
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 baguette , sliced and toasted
Cashew “Mozzarella” Cheese
1/4 cup raw cashews , soaked in water 2-4 hours
1 1/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk , hot (be careful not to burn the milk)
2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon tapioca flour/starch
1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- In a large pot, heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the onions, garlic, thyme, bay leaves, sugar, salt and pepper. Sauté until the onions are very tender & caramelized, about 40-50 minutes. Stir often to avoid the onions sticking to the pot. If they start to stick, you can add a few splashes of oil and turn heat a little lower. Keep pot uncovered
- Now, add the red wine and bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer on low for about 10-15 minutes, or until the wine has evaporated.
- Remove the bay leaves and stir the flour into the onions. Turn the heat down to medium-low and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stir often so the flour doesn’t burn.
- Add the vegetable broth and lemon juice. Simmer for for 10-15 minutes. Taste the soup to see if it needs anymore salt or pepper and add if needed.
- Now’s a good time to prepare the “mozzarella” cheese. Drain cashews and discard water. Place all ingredients into a blender. Blend until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Pour mixture into a small pot and place over medium heat. Stir often, so it doesn’t stick or burn. Scrape the sides and bottom, as needed. The cheese will start to thicken up. Place heat on medium-low. When it becomes stretchy and thick, remove from heat. This whole process should take about five minutes.
- Heat the broiler to high. Carefully ladle the soup into oven-safe crocks or bowls. (small Pyrex bowls work great) Fill half way, and place 2 slices of toasted baguette into each bowl. Now, add more soup, pouring directly over bread. Make sure not to overfill the bowls. You don’t want it to spill over and get burned. Now top each baguette slice, with a big scoop of cheese and place the bowls in the oven. I placed a big piece of parchment paper under the bowls. Sometimes the cheese melts over, so it avoids mess in your oven.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes to slightly brown and melt the cheese. Be careful not to burn the cheese.
Original Recipe and Notes of recipe visit: Vegan French Onion Soup @ veganhuggs.com
Thank you for seeing our blog. Hopefully the guidelines for making Vegan French Onion Soup Recipe dishes above can be valuable for you. And also don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, as well as share it with all your pals.
Originally posted 2017-05-24 08:17:23.