Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can obtain an overview on just how to make extremely tasty Summer Squash Gratin recipes. The manufacturing procedure is extremely simple, you just require to comply with the methods that we have actually composed on this web page. The complying with are the phases of just how to prepare Summer Squash Gratin. Please follow the guidelines well.
A wonderful recipe using zucchini, yellow squash and cheese. Makes a great side dish.
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus 4 Tablespoons melted
2 onions, halved and sliced thin
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 clove garlic, minced
1 Tablespoon minced fresh thyme (I used dry)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 1/2 pounds yellow summer squash, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1 cup panko bread crumbs
2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated (1 cup)
- Melt 1 tablespoon softened butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally , until onions are soft and golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in wine an cook until evaporated, about 3 minutes. Off heat, stir in 2 Tablespoons of basil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, toss zucchini and yellow squash with 2 teaspoons salt in a large bowl. Microwave, covered, stirring halfway through microwaving, until slightly softened and some liquid is released, about 8 minutes. Drain in colander and lit cool slightly. Arrange zucchini and yellow squash on triple layer of paper towels, then cover with another triple layer of paper towels. Press slices firmly to remove as much liquid as possible.
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Grease bottom and sides of 13 by 9 inch baking dish with remaining 1 Tablespoon softened butter Combine panko, Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon pepper in bowl. Even coat baking dish with 6 tablespoons panko mixture. Stir melted butter into remaining panko mixture until well combined: set aside.
- Arrange half of squash in prepared dish and season with pepper to taste. Sprinkle 1/4 cup panko mixture evenly over squash. Spread onion mixture in even layer over crumbs. Arrange remaining half of squash over onion mixture and season with pepper to taste Cover with aluminum foil and bake until just tender. About 15 minutes.
- Please visit Summer Squash Gratin @ feedingbig.com
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Hopefully the guidelines for making Summer Squash Gratin recipes above can be beneficial for you. As well as don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and also share it with all your pals.
Originally posted 2018-01-25 12:30:37.