The manufacturing procedure is really easy, you just need to adhere to the techniques that we have composed on this page. The complying with are the phases of how to cook Cloud Eggs on Toast.
With a whole lot-o-whisking. Opt for a traditional whisk and a bunch of arm power, or go the quick route and use a handheld mixer or stand mixer. No matter how you whisk ’em, the real secret to cloud egg success is to whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form. You need a firm egg white base so that it holds its shape when baked.
So now that you have the technique mastered, the next question is: How do they taste? For lack of a better explanation, exactly how they look. Egg whites, whether scrambled, baked or fried, are virtually tasteless, so the cloud portion remains flavorless yet with a very distinctive texture (think cotton candy meets meringue).
And then shining in the center, is the good ol’ yolk sun. And it can be as gooey or as firm as your heart desires. For a runnier egg, bake the clouds for a total of 4 to 5 minutes. Any for a firmed yolk, add an extra minute to your total baking time.
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh chives
- 2 slices bread
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat.
- Separate the eggs, adding the egg whites to one bowl and keeping the yolks inside the shells for easy transferring.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to the egg whites then using a whisk (or a handheld beater or a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment), beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon the egg whites into two mounds on the baking sheet then make a deep well inside each mound. Bake the egg whites for 2 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and place an egg yolk inside each well. Return the baking sheet to the oven and bake the eggs an additional 3 to 4 minutes or until the yolks have reached your desired doneness.
- Remove the eggs from the oven, top them with the fresh chives and serve them immediately atop your choice of buttered toast.
Thanks for visiting our blog. Ideally the guidelines for making Cloud Eggs on Toast dishes above can be valuable for you. And don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your close friends.tn