The production procedure is really easy, you simply need to adhere to the techniques that we have written on this page. The following are the phases of exactly how to prepare Christmas Shortbread Cookies.
It’s unusual, but Scott and I actually had the tree up, the house all decorated and most of the shopping done (thanks to Amazon) before the calendar ever flipped to December. We’re usually scurrying around until the last minute, trying to check all the boxes, yet always feeling behind schedule. This year has been a little different.
For the cookies:
- 8 ounces butter 2 sticks
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
For the mint glaze;
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons half and half (or milk) maybe more
- 1/4-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the buttercream piping:
- 1 tablespoon very soft butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons half and half (or milk)
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- Line 2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place soft butter in a medium-size mixing bowl. Stir with a wooden spoon or sturdy spatula until nice and smooth. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix together by hand for about 1 minute, until fluffy and well blended.
- Add the flour and cornstarch. Stir until flour is incorporated and the dough is shaggy. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface and press dough in a ball. Knead a few times until fairly smooth then form into a ball again and press with your hands into a flat disk.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out dough to a 3/8-inch thickness. Keep work surface, dough and rolling pin lightly (not too much) dusted with flour. Cut desired shapes and place on prepared pans. Re-roll scraps as many times as needed to use up the dough
For full instructions please see : thecafesucrefarine.com
Thanks for visiting our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Christmas Shortbread Cookies dishes over can be beneficial for you. And also don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your good friends.