Hello, welcome to our recipe blog site. Here you can obtain an overview on exactly how to make very tasty Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Cauliflower Recipe recipes. The manufacturing procedure is really simple, you just require to comply with the techniques that we have actually composed on this page. The adhering to are the stages of exactly how to prepare Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Cauliflower Recipe. Please adhere to the instructions well.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup diced onion (approx one small-medium onion)
1 cup diced carrot (approx two carrots)
1 cup diced parsnip (approx two parsnips, peeled)
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
2 large cloves garlic, minced
8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup uncooked green lentils, rinsed and drained
1 bunch sage (about 5 leaves), chopped
1 bunch thyme (about 3-4 sprigs), chopped
2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot powder
Salt and pepper to taste
3 lbs. cauliflower florets (approx 3 heads cauliflower)
1/3 cup almond milk
3 tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- In a dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, and parsnip and cook for 7-10 minutes, or until onions are translucent and veggies are slightly tender. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Stir in garlic and mushrooms and cook for another 5 minutes (stirring occasionally), or until mushrooms are tender and lightly browned.
- Add vegetable broth, lentils, thyme and sage. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and let simmer for 35- 45 minutes, or until lentils are tender.
- To thicken the lentil mixture, add cornstarch or arrowroot to a heaping spoonful of the lentil mixture in a separate bowl. Whisk together. Add thickened mixture back to the pot and whisk in. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Meanwhile, steam cauliflower florets until fork tender and transfer to a food processor (you may need to do this in batches depending on size of food processor). Add almond milk, vegan buttery spread and pulse to a smooth and creamy puree. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer lentil mixture to a 9×13 baking dish or 2 qt baking dish. Carefully spread mashed cauliflower evenly over top.
- Bake at 425 for 10 minutes and then transfer to under the broiler for 5 minutes, or until cauliflower is crispy and starting to turn golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool briefly before serving.
Original recipe visit: Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Cauliflower @ karalydon.com
Thanks for seeing our blog. Ideally the guidelines for making Vegan Shepherd’s Pie with Mashed Cauliflower Recipe recipes over can be beneficial for you. And don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, as well as share it with all your buddies.