The production process is extremely simple, you just require to comply with the methods that we have actually created on this page. The adhering to are the phases of just how to cook Vegan + Gluten Free Creamy Tomato Pasta.
Does anyone else feel like healthy eating means an endless pile of dishes in the kitchen? I am seriously a pro at using way too many dishes, cutting boards, pots and appliances in my recipes. It’s something I have been trying to be more conscious of, and I have been working on turning my recipes into one pot or one bowl whenever possible.
This pasta (like many things I make) only really needs 1 pot, a blender, a knife and a cutting board to make. If I hadn’t intentionally set out to make it a one pot recipe, you can bet I would have used 3! I’m complicated like that.
I adore using soaked cashews in place of dairy in my recipes. There are so many people who have dairy allergies or are lactose intolerant, and also a lot of people who just want to incorporate more plant foods into their diet. I’ve found that even people without restrictions from dairy enjoy my cashew based cream sauces.
I knew a creamy tomato pasta sauce would elevate this one pot pasta to special occasion status – and since Chickapea Pasta cooks so quickly, I knew it would work perfectly in a one pot dish.
After trying this combination, my husband had a second plate. The next day he polished off the leftovers at lunch and declared this his new favorite pasta dish. (The only reason there were leftovers is because I made two batches that day to photograph!).
- 1 box Chickapea Pasta (8 ounces gluten free pasta)*
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 red onion sliced thinly
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 bell pepper I used half orange, half yellow
- 2 cups green beans ends trimmed
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes chopped roughly
- Herbs (fresh thyme, basil, Italian parsley or green onions) to garnish
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
Creamy Tomato Pasta Sauce
- 1/3 cup cashews soaked 2 hours and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or more, to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme)
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 cups water do not add to the sauce
- Soak cashews in cold water for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. If you don’t have time for this step, soak cashews in boiling water for 20 minutes.
- Add soaked and drained cashews and diced tomatoes to a blender with all the seasonings for the sauce. Blend until very smooth, about 1-2 minutes in a high speed blender, or a bit longer in a standard blender. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add olive oil, and onions and garlic. Saute on medium high heat until the onions and garlic have begun to brown.
- Add the sliced peppers and green beans, and saute until done to your liking. Remove all veggies from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot (really, there’s no need to even wash it!), bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then add Chickapea Pasta and the creamy tomato sauce. Allow to simmer on a low boil for 5-7 minutes, until the pasta is still al dente, but the sauce has begun to thicken. The sauce will seem like a lot, but will also cover the veggies.
- Add the veggies and sun dried tomatoes in, and toss to coat. Garnish with fresh thyme, parsley, or basil.
- This pasta is just as delicious the next day. The leftovers keep very well.
Source : sunkissedkitchen.com
Thank you for visiting our blog. Ideally the guidelines for making Vegan + Gluten Free Creamy Tomato Pasta recipes over can be helpful for you. And also don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your good friends.tn