The production procedure is extremely simple, you just require to follow the techniques that we have actually composed on this page. The following are the phases of just how to cook Vanilla Orange Cheesecake with Orange Glaze.
I made this Vanilla Orange Cheesecake with Orange Glaze with my dad in mind. I can remember how much he loved Orange Creamsicles when I was a growing up. My dad was basically one of the kids. He would stand in line with us at the ice cream truck, not just to buy us a treat, but to snag one or two for himself too!
I’m pretty convinced my sweet tooth came directly from him. He would come home from work regularly with either candy bars, Tastykakes, or a dozen donuts, and let us pick which one we wanted.
Unfortunately, I don’t get to see my parents much. They moved down to Florida a long time ago. I think they thought my brother and I would eventually follow them, but I moved to Utah, then Colorado, and then back home to Delaware. I actually would move down there, but my fiancé absolutely hates the weather there. So here we stay, 1000 miles away.
Now, one of my favorite things to do when my parents come to visit, is cook for them! I never cooked when I was younger and honestly, I was terrible at it! Even following a recipe, I would completely ruin entire meals. So, it’s kind of fun to show off how far I’ve come!
I absolutely can not wait to make this cheesecake for my dad! I added orange zest to the cheesecake filling, and the Orange Glaze is made from fresh squeezed orange juice. I’m not the biggest fan of fruit-flavored desserts, but this cheesecake is absolutely delicious!
Graham Cracker Crust
- 2 Cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/3 Cup butter, melted
Vanilla Orange Cheesecake Filling
- 4 8 ounce packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 Cups sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest, from 2 oranges
- 4 eggs
- 1 Cup freshly squeezed orange juice, from 2 oranges
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- PREP: Set your cream cheese out to come to room temperature before you begin. Juice and zest 2 oranges. Set aside. Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- For the graham cracker crust, melt the butter in the microwave on 15-second increments. Combine with the graham cracker crumbs and sugar until everything is moist. Press into the bottom of a 10-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- To make the filling, add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until creamy and smooth. Lower the speed and add the vanilla extract and orange zest. Then, add the eggs one at a time. Continue to mix until the eggs are well combined.
- Pour the filling into the crust and place the pan in the oven to bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is just slightly jiggly.
- When the cheesecake has about 15 minutes left of cooking time, prepare the Orange Glaze. Add the orange juice, brown sugar, and corn starch to a small saucepan over medium heat. Once boiling, cook for an additional 15-30 seconds, until the mixture starts to thicken. Remove from the heat. It’s okay if the glaze cools some while the cheesecake finishes baking.
- Once the cheesecake is done baking, remove from the oven, and pour the glaze over the top, using a silicone spatula or brush to spread it around.
- Chill the Vanilla Orange Cheesecake in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours before serving.
Thanks for visiting our blog. Ideally the directions for making Vanilla Orange Cheesecake with Orange Glaze dishes over can be valuable for you. And also do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your friends.tn