Do you think your lacking diet is the cause of your troubled health? Do you wish to add something organic to your diet? The answer to your question lies in the tiny seeds, known as hemp hearts. With the introduction of Hemp Farm Bill in 2018, hemp has become legal and changed the perception of people. People all around the globe are making hemp a part of their daily diet owing to its innumerable health benefits. If you are planning to add hemp seeds in your diet, here is all you need to know about its benefits.
What are hemp seeds?
Terms like cannabis and marijuana have already become a household name, but now it is time for hemp to steal the limelight. Coming from the industrially grown cannabis plant called hemp, the seeds are purely organic and safe to use. While people use the plant to make many different products like fiber, rope, medicine, and even food, it is the seeds that make it so useful. They cultivate the hemp seeds in a way that there is an almost negligible level of THC in them. CBD is the therapeutic cannabinoid that counters the high or psychoactive effects of THC. With zero THC present in it, hemp seeds will not induce a high and are entirely safe for use. But, if you want to experience the euphoric high and relax your mind, go with potent bubba kush strains.
How can hemp seeds be beneficial for you?
- Improves the health of your gut: With our increasing dependence on junk and packed food, our digestive system tends to suffer the most. Are you also troubled by constipation? Here hemp seeds can come to your aid.
What they do: Being a rich source of soluble and insoluble fiber, hemp seeds can add volume to your stool. Apart from helping pass the stool, hemp seeds are also useful for overall digestion and immune system.
How to consume them: You can either crush the hemp seeds to get flour or buy it directly from the market to use it for baking bread. Replacing the standard bread with hemp flour bread will do wonders for your digestive system.
- Protects your hair: Are you troubled by dry hair and scalp? Fret not, for you are not alone. Using products with harsh chemicals and rising pollution levels can make your hair loses its shine and become lifeless. While there are plenty of products promising to repair the hair damage, nothing quite works as well as hemp seeds.
What they do: The hair needs protein to be healthy and shining, and hemp seeds are rich in them. Having proteins and fats like Omega-3 and Omega-6, vitamins, and minerals, hemp seeds might stop the damage and get the luster and shine back to your tresses.
How to consume them: Apart from ingesting it, you can crush them and then add it to your shampoo or conditioner. For better results, you can massage the oil directly onto your head, be it scalp, roots, or the hair. Leave the oil in your hair overnight and then wash them with any shampoo.
- Fights pain and inflammation: Chronic and excruciating pain makes it challenging to carry out the daily tasks and live your best life. If you have arthritis, or rheumatoid arthritis to be more specific, the debilitating pain can hamper your immune system and your body’s mobility.
What they do: Hemp seeds tend to work like magic on pain and inflammation. The oils present in hemp seeds have healing properties that stop the effect of rheumatoid arthritis in the cells present inside our body.
How to consume them: Crushing the hemp seeds will help you get this magical oil. You can either use the hemp oil orally or topically by massaging it gently onto the affected area for instant relief. One should hemp seeds from reputed online retailers only.
- Help combat the PMS symptoms: A major chunk of women tend to face PMS symptoms like bloating, mood swings, and cramps in the abdomen. The symptoms can kick in 5-7 days before the period begins and lasts until they get over.
What they do: The hormone Prolactin is responsible for causing the PMS symptoms. Hemp seeds are said to be a rich source of Gamma-Linolenic Acid or GLA that produces prostaglandin, which alters the level of Prolactin and reduces these symptoms.
How to consume them: Seed cycling is a prominent diet that many doctors recommend to women suffering from PMS. There are two phases of the menstrual cycle known as the Follicular Phase and Luteal Phase. The Follicular phase starts from the first day you get your period and goes on till the 14th day, and the Luteal phase begins from the 15th day and lasts till the 28th day. You can take two spoons of hemp seeds, along with sunflower seeds, flax seeds, and chia seeds to control the symptoms.
- Keeps your heart in good shape: Our heart is the most delicate body part. Unfortunately, it is also becoming prone to danger due to the rising stress levels. Such is the extent of the danger that heart diseases are becoming the reason for a majority of deaths. If you want to keep your heart in good shape, hemp seeds can come to your rescue.
What they do: Hemp seeds have an abundance of essential proteins and fatty acids like Omega-3 and Omega-6. While hemp seeds are essential for maintaining overall health, it also helps in reducing blood pressure and cholesterol.
How to consume them: Since hemp seeds are raw in flavour, you can roast them slightly and then add them to your salad, cereal or even toast. It is crucial that you keep your hemp seeds away from direct sunlight and if possible away from moisture. This is the best way to store your cannabis stash and seeds both.
It is true when people say that hemp seeds are the ‘powerhouse’ of nutrition. Being a rich source of proteins, fats, minerals, and even vitamins, hemp seeds can be the only supplement you and your diet need. Get your hands on high-grade hemp seeds today and get healthy. And, if you are in the mood for some experimenting, try these twisted extracts to enjoy the same benefits, but with a unique flavor.