Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can obtain a guide on just how to make really delicious Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry dishes. The manufacturing process is very easy, you simply need to adhere to the approaches that we have actually written on this web page. The following are the phases of how to cook Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry. Please comply with the directions well.
This Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry was so delicious and comforting, just as a curry should be. I loved the addition of the spinach. I did add a little bit of coconut sugar towards the end to really hit those spicy notes. I like a little sweetness to spices. It was really delicious and I know I will make it often. It was also really easy to make. She has listed that it serves 6, but I could have eaten the whole thing in 2 servings….not that I did that or anything…hahaha!
A wonderful Vegan Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry from the Oh She Glows Every Day Cookbook! This curry is so delicious, filling, warm and a good kick of spice.
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) virgin coconut oil (I did not use the oil in her recipe, I subbed with 2 tablespoons broth instead and added a little bit as needed)
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) cumin seeds
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon (4 to 5 mL) fine sea salt, to taste, plus a pinch
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 medium/large sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch (5 mm to 1 cm) dice (about 3 cups/750 mL)
- 1 (14-ounce/398 mL) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, or 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cooked chickpeas
- 1 (14-ounce/398 mL) can diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1 (14-ounce/400 mL) can light coconut milk
- 1 (5-ounce/142 g) package baby spinach
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cooked basmati rice, quinoa, millet, or sorghum
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Unsweetened shredded or large-flake coconut
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. The oil is hot enough when a cumin seed sizzles when tossed into the pan. Add the cumin seeds and toast for about a minute, until fragrant and lightly darkened in color (be careful not to burn them). Immediately stir in the onion, season with a pinch of salt, and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft and translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger, turmeric, coriander, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine and sauté for a couple of minutes, until the garlic softens.
- Visit Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry By http://thevegan8.com/ For Full Instructions
Thank you for seeing our blog. With any luck the guidelines for making Sweet Potato, Chickpea and Spinach Coconut Curry dishes over can be valuable for you. And do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, as well as share it with all your buddies.tn