The production process is really simple, you just need to follow the approaches that we have actually created on this page. The following are the stages of how to prepare Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos.
Little rolls of crunchy deliciousness, these Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos are super easy to make and full of healthy, wholesome goodness. Flavorful, nutritious, and oh-so-satisfying, our tasty taquitos are filled with roasted sweet potatoes and perfectly seasoned black beans. This recipe boasts no oil, is gluten-free and utterly scrumptious making it an ultimate Whole Food Plant Based taquito recipe! Annnnd, if your feeling frisky, add them to a bed of greens with corn, tomatoes, avocado, red cabbage, onions, jalapeños, and whatever yummy additions you’d like for a fabulous taquito bowl the whole family will love. Vegan, no oil, no sugar, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
Cubed Baked Sweet Potato Ingredients:
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes, skins on
- ½ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- Sprinkle black pepper
- 1 – 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt (+/- to taste) *
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
- 8 tortillas (of choice) (We used Siete Almond Flour Tortillas)
- Chopped Cilantro
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- 1 recipe Pickled Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing
- 1 recipe Southwestern Dressing
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Place the oven racks towards the middle, avoiding the lower oven rack placement.
- Place the seasonings listed in the Cubed Baked Sweet Potato Ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Line a 14 x 20 baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- Cut the sweet potatoes into one-inch cubes, then place in a medium sized mixing bowl. Sprinkle with the Cubed Baked Sweet Potato Ingredients seasoning mixture and then place onto the parchment paper, spreading out to a single layer.
- Bake in a 400 F oven for 20 minutes or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove and set aside until ready assemble the taquitos.
- Lower the heat of the oven to 350F. (It was previously 400 F.)
- Cover a smaller baking sheet with parchment paper, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baked sweet potatoes and the can of black beans (drained and rinsed), smoked paprika, sea salt, chili powder and cayenne pepper. Mix well, then using a potato masher, slightly mash the mixture together to form a semi-paste. You do not want to create mush, but the mixture should hold together when you scoop it up.
- Take about ¼ cup of the sweet potato/bean mixture and place it in a log formation onto a tortilla and tightly roll it up, then place the open flap end-side down onto a parchment covered baking sheet. Continue to roll 8 taquitos in total. When you are finished rolling all the taquitos, bake in a 350 F oven for 15 minutes. Then dependent upon the tortilla brand used, you may wish to broil them for a few minutes to lightly brown them up.
- Serve in a taquito bowl, drizzled with Southwestern Dressing and/or Pickled Jalapeno Cilantro Dressing and top with cilantro and pickled jalapeno peppers. We used both dressings and LOVED the combo.
Thank you for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Sweet Potato Black Bean Taquitos dishes above can be helpful for you. And don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and also share it with all your buddies.tn
Originally posted 2018-03-12 18:53:35.