Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Right here you can get an overview on exactly how to make very tasty Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Tofu recipes. The production process is very easy, you just require to follow the approaches that we have actually composed on this web page. The adhering to are the stages of just how to cook Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Tofu. Please follow the directions well.
This Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Tofu is fiery, flavorful, and totally vegan too! Skip the takeout and Sriracha it up at home!
- 14 oz package EXTRA FIRM tofu
- 1 TBSP cornstarch or arrowroot powder plus extra as needed
- 2 TBSP frying oil
- 1-2 TBSP sliced green onion
- 1-2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Sweet and Spicy Sriracha sauce:
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or gluten-free tamari soy sauce if GF
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 TBSP honey or sweet chili sauce
- 2-3 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 1-3 TBSP Sriracha
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- Drain and remove tofu from package. Slice the block of tofu into two 1/2 inch thin planks and place on a stack of 4-5 folded paper towels, placing an additional stack of paper towels on top. Set something heavyish on top (I use a cast iron skillet) to make a make-shift tofu press for water removal. Allow to sit. I usually start my tofu about 30 minutes before I want to start cooking.
- Once the water has been pressed from your tofu, cut each plank into 8 bite-sized cubes, for 16 pieces total.
- Sprinkle either cornstarch or arrowroot starch over the tofu and gently toss until evenly coated and no powdery spots remain. (This light coating prevents sticking and get’s the outside of the tofu nice and crispy!
While You Press Your Tofu, Let’s Make the Sauce:
- Measure out water, soy sauce, sugar, sriracha, agave, and garlic in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil. Start with 1 TBSP Sriracha then add extra as desired at the end after taste-testing the spice level.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water together. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the bubbling sauce and whisk well. Reduce heat as needed and continue to cook another minute or two until the sauce thickens, whisking constantly to prevent sticking. Remove from heat and set aside. Return to a burner to warm up on low once your tofu is ready.
For Pan Fried Tofu:
- Bring a pan or cast iron skillet to medium-high heat, then add 2 TBSP oil once hot. Tilt and swirl pan so oil is evenly distributed. Once the oil has evenly heated, add your tofu, spaced, so that no sides touch.
- Let the first side sear for about 6 minutes so a nice even crust forms. You can shake the pan occasionally so they don’t stick but keep them on the first side. Once perfectly golden, flip each tofu nugget to the other side and sear for about 4-5 minutes. Remove from pan and allow to drain on a paper towel.
For Baked Tofu:
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F and place a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet. Arrange the coated tofu spaced on the parchment. Bake for 25-35 minutes, tossing or flipping at the 15-minute mark until nice and crispy.
- Warm up your sauce and toss with tofu just before serving. If less sauce is desired feel free to pour and dip as needed. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and sliced green onion. Serve with your choice of grains and veggies and dive in while it’s hot. Enjoy!
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Hopefully the directions for making Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Tofu dishes above can be helpful for you. As well as do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your good friends.tn