Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can get a guide on how to make very tasty Sugar Plum Shortbread Christmas Cookies dishes. The manufacturing process is extremely simple, you simply require to comply with the approaches that we have composed on this web page. The following are the stages of just how to cook Sugar Plum Shortbread Christmas Cookies. Please follow the directions well.
- 2½ cups (310 grams) organic all-purpose flour, such as King Arthur Flour®
- ½ teaspoon fine-quality ground cinnamon, such as Penzey’s
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated whole nutmeg
- ¼ cup (27 grams) finely chopped toasted pecans, see Notes
- 6 tablespoons (75 grams) granulated sugar or vanilla sugar, see Notes
- 1½ tablespoons freshly grated orange zest
- 1 cup (2 sticks/226 grams) salted butter, cut into small bits
- For the Sugar Plum Jam & Sparkling Sugar Topping
- Homemade or prepared Sugar Plum Jam, such as Stonewall Kitchen®, or favorite red jam, strained
- Granulated sugar, for sprinkling
- Sparkling white sugar, such as by King Arthur Flour®, for sprinkling
- Arrange oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat oven to 325ºF (about 165ºC). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside. Alternatively, lightly grease two baking sheets before using.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, spices, nuts, sugar and orange zest. Using a pastry blender, or heavy-duty stand mixer with paddle attached on low speed, cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs and starts to cling together. Dough will still be very crumbly. Knead the dough until smooth. Form into a ball and then flatten slightly into a compact disk.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll dough until ½-inch thick. Using 1½ to 3-inch size cookie cutters, cut into desired shapes. Place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes (18 to 20 minutes for small cookies or 20 to 22 minutes for large cookies) or until bottoms start to brown and centers are set.
- Allow cookies to cool slightly on baking sheets for 2 minutes. Using a metal cookie spatula, transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely before icing with jam and sprinkling with sugars.
Thanks for visiting our blog. Hopefully the guidelines for making Sugar Plum Shortbread Christmas Cookies dishes above can be helpful for you. And do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and share it with all your friends.