Hey there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Here you can obtain a guide on just how to make very yummy Spanakopita Recipe (Greek Spinach Pie) recipes. The manufacturing process is extremely easy, you just require to adhere to the techniques that we have written on this web page. The adhering to are the phases of exactly how to cook Spanakopita Recipe (Greek Spinach Pie). Please adhere to the directions well.
If you’ve not made classic Greek Spanakopita before, you’re in for a treat! I am sharing a family-favorite; an easy spanakopita recipe. Crispy phyllo (fillo) pie filled with a soft spinach and feta mixture. Totally holiday-worthy! Tips, video, and step-by-step photos are included!
For the Spinach and Feta Filling:
- 16 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well-drained
- 2 bunches flat-leaf parsley, stems trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 10.5 oz quality feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 tsp dried dill weed
- Freshly-ground black pepper
For the Crust:
- 1 16 oz package The Fillo Factory Organic Dough (#4 pasty sheets), properly thawed (see tips above)
- 1 cup Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil, more if needed
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Before you begin mixing the filling, be sure the spinach is very well drained, and squeeze out any excess liquid by hand.
- To make the filling: In a mixing bowl, add the spinach and the remaining filling ingredients. Stir until all is well-combined.
- Unroll the phyllo (fillo) sheets and place them between two very lightly damp kitchen cloths.
- Prepare a 9 1/2″ X 13″ baking dish like this one. Brush the bottom and sides of the dish with olive oil.
- To assemble the spanakopita: Line the baking dish with two sheets of phyllo (fillo) letting them cover the sides of the dish. Brush with olive oil. Add two more sheets in the same manner, and brush them with olive oil. Repeat until two-thirds of the phyllo (fillo) is used up.
- Now, evenly spread the spinach and feta filling over the phyllo (fillo) crust. Top with two more sheets, and brush with olive oil.
- Continue to layer the phyllo (fillo) sheets, two-at-a-time, brushing with olive oil, until you have used up all the sheets. Brush the very top layer with olive oil, and sprinkle with just a few drops of water.
- Fold the flaps or excess from the sides, you can crumble them a little. Brush the folded sides well with olive oil. Cut Spanakopita ONLY PART-WAY through into squares, or leave the cutting to later.
- Bake in the 325 degrees F heated-oven for 1 hour, or until the phyllo (fillo) crust is crisp and golden brown. Remove from the oven. Finish cutting into squares and serve. Enjoy!
This recipe and image adapted from: www.themediterraneandish.com
Thank you for seeing our blog site. Ideally the directions for making Spanakopita Recipe (Greek Spinach Pie) recipes above can be beneficial for you. As well as do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your friends.tn
Originally posted 2017-11-16 07:02:27.