Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can get an overview on just how to make really delicious SOUTHERN COCONUT CAKE recipes. The production procedure is extremely simple, you simply need to comply with the techniques that we have actually created on this web page. The following are the phases of just how to cook SOUTHERN COCONUT CAKE. Please adhere to the guidelines well.
Welcome to the most popular and best reviewed recipe on my site!
Since I first shared this Southern Coconut Cake recipe in 2010, this cake has been a favorite with my family and friends. Aside from my brown butter chocolate chip cookies, best-ever buttermilk pancakes, and basic pizza dough, it’s the recipe I make the most. Some recipes you’ll find here I make and enjoy just once or twice, but not this cake. We enjoy it all the time!
FOR THE CAKE:
- 5 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 cup (375 ml) unsweetened coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut flavoring
- 3 cups (340 grams) cake flour
- 2 1/3 (470 grams) cups sugar
- 4 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
FOR THE CREAM CHEESE BUTTERCREAM FROSTING:
- 8 ounces (227 grams) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 4 cups (455 grams) powdered sugar, sifted
- 1-3 tablespoons unsweetened coconut milk or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 cup (85 grams) flaked or shredded coconut, toasted (see Notes)
FOR THE WHIPPED CREAM CHEESE FILLING:
- 1 cup of the Cream Cheese Buttercream Frosting (above)
- 1 cup (250 ml) heavy whipping cream
TO MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and flour two or three 8-inch or 9-inch cake pans and line with parchment paper. (See Notes)
- In a small bowl, lightly whisk together the egg whites, 1/2 cup of the coconut milk, and coconut flavoring.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter and remaining 1 cup coconut milk and combine on low speed until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the egg white mixture in 3 additions, scraping down the sides of the bowl and mixing just long enough to incorporate between additions.
For full instruction please see : www.completelydelicious.com
Thank you for visiting our blog. With any luck the instructions for making SOUTHERN COCONUT CAKE dishes above can be helpful for you. As well as don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and also share it with all your friends.