The production process is really easy, you simply need to follow the methods that we have created on this page. The following are the phases of just how to cook Sour Cream Donuts (with Video!).
Once you’ve tried a fresh, warm, homemade sour cream donut you’ll never be able to enjoy one from a bakery the same way again! Like my popular donut hole recipe, these are great to make with no yeast or rising required! Recipe also includes a step-by-step video.
Some mornings you just need a donut for breakfast.
Maybe it’s not as ideal as, say, a homemade granola bar, but the weather today is at least 30 degrees cooler than it was last Monday, it’s grey outside, the wind is howling, and the baby pool in our backyard (Leia’s) that was empty on Friday is about to overflow with rain. The weather forecast says that things aren’t expected to look any brighter this week as hurricane Florence heads for the East Coast (stay safe, everyone).
This gloomy morning I could go for a donut, a freshly baked sour cream donut. With vanilla glaze. I bet you could go for one, too?
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, softened 42g
- 1/4 cup sugar 50g
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 50g
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup sour cream 160g
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour 267g
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg optional
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar 185g
- ¼ cup salted butter melted 57g
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2-2 Tablespoons hot water
- Combine butter and sugars in a large bowl and use an electric mixer to beat until creamed together.
- Add egg yolks and beat until ingredients are well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and sour cream and stir well (be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl if using a stand mixer).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, cornstarch, salt, and nutmeg (if using).
for full recipes please see : sugarspunrun.com
Thank you for seeing our blog. With any luck the guidelines for making Sour Cream Donuts (with Video!) dishes above can be helpful for you. As well as don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and share it with all your close friends.