The production process is very simple, you simply need to comply with the methods that we have written on this page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to cook Soft Christmas Cut-Out Sugar Cookies.
Super soft cut-out sugar cookies decorated with an easy icing. These Christmas Cut-Out Sugar Cookies are so fun to decorate and perfect for the holidays!
For the cut-out sugar cookies:
- 3 cups (375 grams) Pillsbury BEST™ All-Purpose Flour*, spooned & leveled
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening or 1 Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening Baking Stick*
- 1 cup (200 grams) sugar
- 1 large egg room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (30ml) milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
For the icing:
- 2 cups (240 grams) powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract use clear for white icing
- 3-3.5 tablespoons milk use more or less as needed
- Food coloring
To make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Pillsbury BEST™ All Purpose Flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl using an electric mixer, cream together the Crisco® All-Vegetable Shortening and sugar until well combined. Mix in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract until fully combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. The mixture will be a little crumbly at first but it will come together as you continue mixing it.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll out each half on a lightly floured surface to ¼-inch thick, then cut with 2 to 3-inch cookie cutters. Re-roll any scrap pieces of sugar cookie dough and cut out more cookies as needed. Place the cookies 2-inches apart on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in separate batches at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until the tops of the cookies are set and very lightly browned.
- Cool on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
To make the icing:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, corn syrup, vanilla extract, and milk (start with 3 tablespoons) until well combined. To test the icing, lift the whisk (or spoon) from the mixing bowl, you should still see the ribbons of icing that fall back into the bowl for a few seconds. If needed, add more milk to thin out the icing or add more powdered sugar to make it thicker.
- Separate the icing into mixing bowls and add food coloring as needed. If the icing becomes thinner because of the food coloring, add a little more powdered sugar until it has reached your desired consistency.
Thanks for visiting our blog site. Hopefully the instructions for making Soft Christmas Cut-Out Sugar Cookies dishes over can be helpful for you. As well as don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and also share it with all your close friends.tn