Hello, welcome to our recipe blog site. Below you can obtain a guide on how to make very tasty Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff dishes. The manufacturing process is very easy, you just need to follow the approaches that we have composed on this page. The following are the phases of just how to cook Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff. Please comply with the directions well.
A homestyle comfort food pot roast take on beef stroganoff using slowly braised, fall apart tender, beef which is smothered in a super tasty, umami packed mushroom, onion, paprika and sour cream sauce!
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 pounds Ontario Corn Fed stewing beef such as chuck, round, brisket, cut into 2 inch pieces
- salt, pepper and paprika to taste
- 1 onion, diced or sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme, chopped (or 1 teaspoon dry thyme)
- 2 teaspoons paprika*
- 2 tablespoons flour (or rice flour for gluten-free)
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (or soy sauce or tamari)
- 2 teaspoons dried dill (optional)*
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, add the beef (seasoned with salt, pepper and paprika) and cook until lightly browned, about 7-10 minutes per side, before setting aside.
- Add the onions and mushrooms and cook until the mushrooms have released their liquids, the liquids have cooked off and the mushroom start to caramelize and turn light golden brown, about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the garlic, thyme and paprika, sprinkle on the flour and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
- Add the broth and deglaze the pan by scraping up the brown bits from the bottom of the pan into the sauce with a wooden spoon.
- Add the beef, mustard, worcestershire sauce, fish sauce, and dill and either bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer, covered, until the beef is fall apart in your mouth tender, about 2-3 hours, OR transfer to a preheated 350F/180C oven and roast, covered, until the beef is tender, about 2-3 hours, OR transfer to a slow cooker and cook on low for 6-10 hours or on high for 3-5 hours.
Thanks for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Slow Cooker Pot Roast Beef Stroganoff dishes above can be beneficial for you. As well as do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your pals.tn