The production process is extremely simple, you just require to comply with the approaches that we have created on this web page. The following are the stages of just how to prepare Simple Green Coconut Curry Chicken.
An easy and delicious way to make coconut curry chicken – full of healthy green vegetables and so simple to make!
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast OR thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large onion
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger root
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 bunch cilantro, stalks and leaves roughly separated
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil, or virtually any other oil for cooking, coconut oil just tastes the best here
- 1 5.5-oz can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water, or more if needed
- 1 kaffir lime leaf, optional
- 1 small zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, halved
- 1 large handful baby spinach
- To serve: cooked basmati rice, sliced cucumber, sliced chili, sliced red onion, cilantro, lime wedges, roasted peanuts, shaved coconut… Whatever you love!
- Season the chicken: Place the chicken in a bowl with the curry powder and salt and stir well to coat. Set aside.
- Make the onion paste: Place the onion, ginger, garlic and cilantro stalks (set the leaves aside for serving the curry later) in a mini food processor and process, scraping the sides from time to time, until very finely minced. It should look almost like a paste – the better you do this, the smoother and creamier your curry will be.
- Get cooking: Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the seasoned chicken and cook until browned. Add the onion paste and stir well for one minute. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the skillet with a lid. Cook like this for 5 minutes.
- Add milk and veg: Once the raw onion smell is gone and the onion paste has cooked gently without browning, pour in the coconut milk and water and add the kaffir lime leaf, if using. Simmer for 3-4 minutes, then add the zucchini and sugar snap peas and simmer for another 4-5 minutes, or until the vegetables are cooked (but not mushy). Add more water if it seems dry/is getting too thick.
- Serve: Take the curry off the heat and immediately stir in the baby spinach to wilt it. Serve over rice if you like and garnish with all the trimmings. I usually do cilantro leaves, shaved coconut, red onion, cucumber, roasted peanuts and a squeeze of lime. So, not much at all, ha!
Thanks for seeing our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Simple Green Coconut Curry Chicken dishes over can be useful for you. And also don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, as well as share it with all your friends.tn