Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can obtain a guide on how to make extremely tasty Samoas Cookie Pie dishes. The production process is very simple, you just require to follow the methods that we have written on this page. The complying with are the stages of just how to cook Samoas Cookie Pie. Please follow the instructions well.
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1 large egg
1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, for sprinkling
1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, loosely laid in measuring cup (not packed)
two-thirds of one 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk (about 10 ounces)
4 to 5 ounces salted caramel sauce (use homemade salted caramel or storebought, regular caramel sauce may be substituted)
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch pie dish very well with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large, microwave-safe bowl melt the butter, about 1 minute on high power.
- Wait momentarily before adding the egg so you don’t scramble it. Add the egg, brown sugar, vanilla, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour, salt, and stir until just combined; don’t overmix.
- Turn batter out into prepared pie dish, smoothing the top lightly with a spatula. Bake for about 10 to 12 minutes or until edges firm up slightly and center will have begun to set up a bit. It’s by no means done, but pie will be returned to oven to bake another 25 minutes or so.
- Remove pie dish from oven, and evenly sprinkle 3/4 cup chocolate chips over the crust.
- Evenly sprinkle the coconut.
- Evenly drizzle the sweetened condensed milk (just eyeball it).
- Evenly drizzle the caramel sauce (just eyeball it).
- Return pan to oven and bake for about 25 minutes, or until there’s slightly bubbling near the edge of dish and the center has dried out some and looks more set. Cookie pie will firm up more as it cools. In the last 10 minutes of baking, watch it like a hawk because the coconut, caramel, and sweetened condensed milk will all be prone to burning; better to underbake than overbake if you’re unsure.
- Allow pie to cool in dish on a wire rack while you melt the chocolate for drizzling by adding 3/4 cup chocolate chips to a small microwave-safe bowl and heat to melt, about 1 minute on high power. Stop to check and stir and heat in 10-second increments until chocolate can be stirred smooth.
- Using a spoon (or pastry bag or ziptop bag with corner cut off if you want to be fancier but I didn’t bother), evenly drizzle the chocolate in long vertical lines, parallel to each other, spaced about 1/2-inch apart. Pie doesn’t have to be cooled to add the chocolate drizzle.
- Allow pie to continue to cool on wire rack for at least 4 hours (or overnight) before slicing and serving. Don’t slice too early because chocolate drizzle needs to set and interior of pie needs to firm up or you’ll have a literal hot mess. Pie is best fresh, but will keep airtight at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 6 months. I store it by slicing into small wedges, wrapping each wedge individually in plasticwrap, and putting those in a large ziptop bag.
Original Recipes visit: Samoas Cookie Pie @ averiecooks.com
Thanks for seeing our blog. Hopefully the directions for making Samoas Cookie Pie recipes above can be valuable for you. And also do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your buddies.
Originally posted 2017-11-23 08:31:42.