Hi, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can get a guide on exactly how to make very yummy Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cookies dishes. The manufacturing procedure is very simple, you simply need to comply with the methods that we have written on this page. The adhering to are the phases of how to prepare Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cookies. Please adhere to the guidelines well.
These cookies are drool-worthy. Seriously, how cute are they? I call them “cookies”, but they are like mini apple pies. Only made better with the addition of salted caramel!
These cuties have everything you love about homemade apple pie – from the tender, flaky, buttery crust to the delicious cinnamony apple filling. When these two are combined and drizzled with salted caramel, they become a truly decadent treat.
For the dough:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter , cold, cut into cubes
- 2 eggs , whisked
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
For the caramel:
- 1 cup white sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter , at room temperature, cut into pieces
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 2 large apples , cored, peeled and small diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
For the egg wash:
- 1 egg , whisked with 1 teaspoon water
- sugar for sprinkling
- Make the dough following the directions given in this recipe. Form dough into 4 balls, wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for around 30 minutes. A chilled dough is easier to handle.
- The caramel:
- First, make sure you have all of the ingredients ready. Heat the sugar in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring frequently with a rubber spatula (or wooden spoon). Once it starts melting, stir continuously as it cooks, until all clumps are melted down. Be careful not to burn. When the sugar is completely melted and reaches a deep amber color, immediately add all the butter. BE CAREFUL because the caramel will bubble rapidly when you do this! Stir until butter is completely melted. Immediately remove pan from heat, and carefully pour in the heavy cream. Stir until caramel is smooth. Stir in the salt. Let cool in saucepan for a couple of minutes before pouring into a mason jar. Let cool to room temperature (makes 1 cup).
- Toss the diced apples and lemon juice in a medium bowl. In a separate, small bowl, stir together the sugars, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cornstarch. Pour this mixture over the apples and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Assembling apple pie cookies:
- Work with one dough ball at a time (keep the others refrigerated till ready to use). On a floured surface roll out the dough into a thin sheet (about 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick). Use a 2 1/2 to 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut as many rounds as possible from the dough. Transfer them to the prepared baking sheet and repeat the process with the second dough ball. When the baking sheet is full, put it in the refrigerator. Repeat the process with the remaining dough balls. Refrigerate the dough scraps if they become too stretchy and soft. I usually place it in the freezer, so it chills faster.
- Place about a heaping teaspoon or so of the apple filling in the center of the circle. Add a dollop of salted caramel on top (don’t add too much or it will leak out during baking). Layer a second round of dough on top and press the edges to seal. Repeat this process with the remaining circles and the filling. Refrigerate the cookies for about 30 minutes or until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
For full instructions please see : yummyaddiction.com
Thanks for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Salted Caramel Apple Pie Cookies recipes above can be helpful for you. And also don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and also share it with all your buddies.