The manufacturing procedure is very easy, you simply require to comply with the methods that we have composed on this page. The adhering to are the stages of just how to cook Salmon Cakes Recipe (Salmon Patties).
1 lb fresh salmon filet*
Garlic Salt – I use Lawry’s brand
1 medium onion (1 cup finely diced)
½ red bell pepper, diced
3 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
1 cup Panko bread crumbs (Japanese Style crumbs)
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
3 Tbsp mayo
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup minced fresh parsley
- Preheat Oven to 425˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment or
- a silpat. Place salmon skin-side down, brush with olive oil and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Bake uncovered for 10-15 min or just until cooked through (my thinner cut salmon was closer to 10 min). Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest ten minutes. Discard skin, flake salmon with forks, remove any bones, and cool to room temp.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 Tbsp butter and finely diced onion and bell pepper. Saute until softened and golden (7-9 minutes) then remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cooled flaked salmon, sautéed onion and pepper, 1 cup bread crumbs, 2 beaten eggs, 3 Tbsp mayo, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 tsp garlic salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, and ¼ cup fresh parsley. Stir to combine then form into 13-14 patties. It’s easy to portion patties using a flat ice cream scoop then pressing them into ⅓ to ½” thick patties.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter in a large pan over medium heat and once butter is done sizzling, add half of the salmon cakes and sauté 3½ to 4 min per side or until golden brown and cooked through. If salmon cakes brown too quickly, reduce heat. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate. Add remaining 1 Tbsp oil and 1 Tbsp butter and repeat cooking remaining salmon cakes.
*Fresh salmon is best, but it can be substituted with leftover cooked salmon, or 14-15 oz of well-drained canned salmon, or three 5 oz salmon packets. If mixture is too moist to hold the patty shape, add more bread crumbs and if it is too dry, add an extra Tablespoon of mayo.
Original Recipes visit: Salmon Cakes Recipe (Salmon Patties) @ natashaskitchen.com
Thanks for visiting our blog. With any luck the instructions for making Salmon Cakes Recipe (Salmon Patties) dishes above can be beneficial for you. As well as don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and also share it with all your buddies.
Originally posted 2017-11-25 04:48:07.