Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog. Here you can obtain a guide on exactly how to make very yummy Russian Napoleon Cake – Puff Pastry Cake recipes. The production procedure is really simple, you just require to adhere to the approaches that we have composed on this page. The adhering to are the stages of just how to cook Russian Napoleon Cake – Puff Pastry Cake. Please follow the guidelines well.
Are there different types of Napoleon Cake?
Yes, there is two general types of Napoleons. One is the French Napoleon cake which I described above. Second, is the Russian Napoleon Cake.
The Russian Napoleon cake is different in the fact that it typically has a lot more cake layers (could be as much as 15) of puff pastry, that are rolled super thin. The thin layers are then sandwiched with a moderate amount of pastry cream. This allows the puff pastry to soften and become very moist and tender, like shown below.
- Quick Puff Pastry
- 400 g. butter cold
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml water cold
- 6 cups sifted all-purpose flour 650 g or 4 1/2 cups un-sifted all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp vodka/cognac (omit, if can not use)
- 1 tbsp vinegar 9%
- Pinch of Salt
- Egg Yolk Custard
- 7 egg yolks
- 6 cups milk
- 1 1/2 – 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour sifted
150-200 g butter I added 400
- Make Quick Puff Pastry
- Whisk together eggs and salt, stir in cold water, 2 tablespoon vinegar & 3 tablespoons vodka.
- Add flour to the cup of your food processor. Add cold, cubed butter and pulse or process until the crumbs are pea size.
- Add the egg mixture into the flour mixture and continue processing until the dough starts sticking to itself a bit, but is not formed yet.
for full recipes please see : letthebakingbegin.com
Thank you for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Russian Napoleon Cake – Puff Pastry Cake recipes above can be useful for you. And do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and also share it with all your good friends.
Originally posted 2018-02-09 01:42:41.