Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Here you can get a guide on how to make really tasty Russian Cottage Cheese Pancakes (Syrniki) recipes. The production procedure is extremely simple, you simply need to adhere to the methods that we have actually written on this page. The complying with are the stages of exactly how to cook Russian Cottage Cheese Pancakes (Syrniki). Please follow the instructions well.
Oatmeal for breakfast is great but sometimes you need to add some variation to your morning routine, right? In our household, the weekend is the time when we indulge ourselves with something more interesting when we, finally, get out of bed. Alright alright, who am I kidding, getting up lazily is not the case anymore. Our baby boy is up and ready for a new exciting day at 7 am!
One of our weekend breakfast favorites is Syrniki. If you are not familiar with them, it’s sweet cheese pancakes coming from Russia (I’m not sure about this, though, they could be born in any of the USSR countries). Me and Igor, we grew up with them. Our mothers used to make these fritters quite often.
For the pancakes:
- 1 lb (450g) cottage cheese
- 1 cup + 4 tbsp (155g) all-purpose flour , sifted
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup flour , for dusting
- oil or butter , for frying
For the strawberry sauce:
- 3/4 lb (340g) fresh strawberries , quartered
- 1 cup sugar
- zest from 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Drain the cottage cheese as well as you can in a strainer or a colander. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small food processor, place the cottage cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla extract and blend until the cottage cheese is almost smooth. Using a spatula, stir in the flour and baking powder mixture until combined. The dough should be sticky but not runny. If it’s too runny, add some more flour.
- Heat some oil or butter in a skillet. In a shallow plate or a bowl, place 1/2 cup flour. Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop a ball of the dough and roll it in the flour. Repeat with the rest of the dough. You should get somewhere from 8 to 10 balls.
- With floured hands, tap the balls gently to remove any excess flour. Flatten them to shape into patties.
- Fry both sides on low-medium heat until golden brown. Place on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Read more please visit : yummyaddiction.com
Thank you for seeing our blog. Ideally the directions for making Russian Cottage Cheese Pancakes (Syrniki) recipes over can be useful for you. As well as don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your close friends.