The production procedure is extremely simple, you just need to adhere to the techniques that we have created on this page. The following are the phases of just how to prepare Roasted Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard.
A wonderful combination of flavors and colors from roasted butternut squash, Swiss chard, garlic, shallots, dried cranberries and pine nuts.
3 cups butternut squash, large cubes (about 1 large squash)
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, separated
1 – 2 large shallots quartered, about 1 cup
4 large cloves of garlic, skinned and left whole
1 ½ teaspoons seasoned salt (we used Lawry’s brand)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
1 large head Swiss chard, stems 1 inch diced and leaves roughly chopped (about 6-8 cups)
¼ cup toasted pine nuts
1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
½ cup dried cranberries
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and seed the squash and cut into large bite size chucks. Coat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of the seasoned salt, and the rosemary and place on a sheet pan. Roast for 30 to 45 minutes until tender and caramelized. Turn squash half way through.
- Coat shallots, peeled whole garlic and the remaining ½ teaspoon of seasoned salt with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and place on another sheet pan. Roast for 20-30 minutes turning half way through. (Note: The squash and the garlic can be roasted at the same time.)
- When about 10 minutes remain until the roasted vegetables are caramelized, heat a large skillet over medium high heat and sauté chopped Swiss chard stems in the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. After 3 minutes, toss in the chopped chard leaves and chopped sage and cook for another 1-2 minutes, turning the chard as it cooks with a pair of tongs. Do not over cook.
- Visit Roasted Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard @ www.afamilyfeast.com for full instructions
Thank you for visiting our blog site. Ideally the directions for making Roasted Butternut Squash and Swiss Chard recipes over can be valuable for you. As well as do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your pals.tn