The manufacturing procedure is really easy, you just require to comply with the methods that we have actually composed on this page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to prepare Perfect Southern Pecan Pralines.
Even if you’ve never been to the South, you have GOT to try this recipe for my Perfect Southern Pecan Pralines! A cross between cookies and candy, this unique, melt-in-your-mouth treat is studded with pecans with a wonderful buttery flavor. Totally irresistible!
I have only been to the South a couple of times, but each time I have gone, I have actively sought out pecan pralines. They are by far one of my FAVORITE desserts in both flavor profile and just as-is.
However, I have only found Southern pecan pralines at the Atlanta airport, of all places. So you bet your booty I bought ALL OF THE PRALINES to take home and share with my California born-and-bred family. However, there was a small issue: I ate all the pralines on the plane.
- 1 & ½ cups pecan halves or chopped pecans
- 1 & ½ cups granulated white sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- ½ cup evaporated milk (NOT sweetened condensed milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Line 2 cupcake tins with about 16-20 paper liners. Set aside briefly.
- In a large, heavy bottomed saucepan, combine the pecan halves, sugars, butter, evaporated milk, vanilla extract, and salt and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stick in a candy thermometer and stir constantly while boiling until temperature reaches 235° to 240° degrees F, about 10 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and working quickly and CAREFULLY, beat the mixture vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture thickens and almost turns cloudy and opaque in color, about 2-5 minutes.
- Working fast, use a spoon or cookie dough scoop to portion the hot candy into each muffin tin, covering the bottom of the muffin cup. You should get about 16-20 candies, depending on how much you fill each cupcake tin. Cool the candy COMPLETELY. Candy is ready once it’s reached room temperature and is firm and solid. Peel away cupcake liners before serving.
Thanks for seeing our blog. With any luck the instructions for making Perfect Southern Pecan Pralines dishes over can be useful for you. And also do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your good friends.tn