Hi, welcome to our recipe blog. Here you can get an overview on exactly how to make really tasty Orange, Cranberry Cream Scones recipes. The production process is very simple, you just require to comply with the approaches that we have written on this page. The following are the phases of how to cook Orange, Cranberry Cream Scones. Please follow the instructions well.
What do I like about these scones? They are buttery, crumbly, moist and my kitchen smells like Christmas as they bake. The addition of orange zest + cranberries = smell of Christmas time.
This is a one bowl recipe and mixing was done using hands, therefore washing up afterwards was kept to a minimal. The scones can be made ahead and freezes well.
As the ingredients are simple, using good, quality butter and cream is vital. Good quality ingredients will result in a good bake and delicious scones.
- 280g/(2 cups) all purpose flour
- 15g/(1 Tbsp) baking powder
- 40g/(3 Tbsp) sugar
- 3g/(1/2 tsp) salt
- 80g/(1/2 cup) dried cranberries, diced
- zest of 1 orange
- 70g/(5 Tbsp) unsalted butter, cold and cubed (at least 83% butter fat)
- 200 – 220 ml/(1 cup) cold heavy/whipping cream (35% – 38% butter fat)
Steps to scones:
- In a large bowl, measure the flour, baking powder, sugar, orange zest and salt. Whisk the flour mixture with a wire whisk to uniformly combine the dry ingredients.
- Incorporate the ice cold, cubed butter into the flour mixture by rubbing or smearing the butter between your fingertips (between thumb, index and middle finger) as you toss them around in the flour mixture. Work fast rubbing through all the big lumps of butter and the mixture should resemble coarse bread crumbs. You can use 2 butter knives to carry out this step instead of using your fingers.
- Mix in the diced cranberries.
- Stir in the cold cream with a spatula or fork until the dough comes together.
- Transfer the dough onto the table top and give it a few gentle knead (less than 10 kneads) to make it come together as a dough.
- Read more please visit : incookiehaven.blogspot.com
Thank you for visiting our blog site. Hopefully the directions for making Orange, Cranberry Cream Scones dishes above can be valuable for you. As well as do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and also share it with all your good friends.
Originally posted 2018-03-30 20:40:23.