The production procedure is extremely easy, you just need to adhere to the methods that we have actually created on this web page. The complying with are the phases of just how to cook One-Pot Lentils & Quinoa with Spinach.
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 large shallot, chopped
1 cup chopped carrots
2 cups chopped mushrooms
2 – 3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
2 bay leaves
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Lentils
2 cups vegetable broth
2 1/2 cups water, divided
1 teaspoon miso paste (optional)*
1/2 cup red quinoa (or variety of choice), uncooked
4 – 5 cups fresh spinach
Salt + pepper to taste
Olive oil, fresh herbs and grated cashews* to garnish
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large Dutch oven or cast iron pot. Add shallots and carrots and cook until the carrots have started to soften, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add mushrooms and continue to cook until mushrooms are juicy and tender, another 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, red pepper flakes and herbs. Stir around until the whole mixture becomes fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pour in lentils, broth, 2 cups of water and miso (if using). Bring the mixture to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove lid and add quinoa and remaining water. Stir to combine. Bring the mixture back to a boil, recover and reduce to simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat, uncover and add spinach, stirring gently to combine. Taste (carefully!) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a drizzle of olive oil, fresh herbs and grated cashews.
Original Recipes visit: One-Pot Lentils & Quinoa with Spinach @ simplyquinoa.com
Thanks for visiting our blog. With any luck the instructions for making One-Pot Lentils & Quinoa with Spinach dishes above can be useful for you. And also do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your friends.
Originally posted 2018-04-11 11:44:07.