The production procedure is really simple, you simply need to follow the techniques that we have actually written on this web page. The adhering to are the phases of how to prepare One Pot Greek Mediterranean Chicken and Rice.
One Pot Mediterranean Chicken and Rice made with chicken thighs and turmeric seasoned rice baked in the oven until crispy and tender.
For the Chicken:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 6 chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cups white rice uncooked
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Parsley, feta cheese and kalamata olives for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the cast iron skillet on high heat with the olive oil.
- Season your chicken with the oregano, coriander, Kosher salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken, skin side down and cook until browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Push the chicken to the side (or onto a plate).
- Add the butter to your cast iron skillet and heat on medium-high.
- Add in the onions and start to cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Once the onions are mostly melted add in the garlic cloves and cook for 30 seconds while stirring.
- Add in the uncooked rice and cook for a minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock, add in the turmeric and cumin and put the chicken back in skin side up.
- Bake covered with foil for 45-50 minutes.
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Ideally the guidelines for making One Pot Greek Mediterranean Chicken and Rice dishes above can be useful for you. And don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your friends.tn