Hey there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Below you can obtain a guide on exactly how to make very tasty Mushroom and Cauliflower Vegan Shepherds Pie dishes. The production process is very simple, you just require to comply with the techniques that we have actually written on this page. The complying with are the phases of just how to cook Mushroom and Cauliflower Vegan Shepherds Pie. Please adhere to the instructions well.
The British classic gets a vegetarian makeover with mushrooms and cauliflower. The result is a delicious low carb vegetarian shepherd’s pie recipe that the whole family will love!
- 650 g cauliflower (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 medium sized carrots peeled and diced
- 1 celery stalk diced
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 10 g dried wild mushrooms reconstituted in 2 1/2 tbs boiling water (1/3 oz)
- 500 g mushrooms diced (1 pound)
- 1 tbs thyme leaves roughly chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbs dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp thyme leaves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 200 celsius (400 fahrenheit).
- Chop the cauliflower into roughly equal sized pieces and add to a large saucepan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Season with salt and cook the cauliflower until tender. Drain.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, carrots and celery. Cook until slightly golden and caramelised. Add the mushrooms in 6 parts, making sure each batch is cooked before adding the next.
- Remove the wild mushrooms from the boiling water, reserving the water, and roughly chop. Add to the mushrooms along with the tomato paste. Increase the heat to medium-high and add the red wine. Cook until the red wine has almost evaporated before adding the mushroom soaking liquid and vegetable stock. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until roughly half of the liquid has been absorbed. Remove from the heat.
- Place the cauliflower in a food processor or high powered blender along with 2 tbs olive oil, the nutritional yeast, mustard, salt and thyme leaves. Blend until smooth and taste. Adjust seasonings as required and add the nutmeg and blend for a further minute.
- Divide the mushrooms between 4 large ramekins and top with the cauliflower mash. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly golden.
Thanks for seeing our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Mushroom and Cauliflower Vegan Shepherds Pie recipes above can be useful for you. As well as don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and also share it with all your friends.tn