Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can obtain an overview on just how to make extremely tasty Mediterranean Style Wine Braised Lamb Shanks with Vegetables dishes. The production procedure is really easy, you just require to adhere to the techniques that we have actually written on this page. The following are the phases of just how to cook Mediterranean Style Wine Braised Lamb Shanks with Vegetables. Please follow the instructions well.
Being of Mediterranean origins, there are few meals I find as inviting and satisfying as lamb.
I’ve already shared several lamb recipes here, including my family’s Easter leg of lamb. Equally worth trying are today’s braised lamb shanks. In fact, I think of these lamb shanks as my aim to perfect. They are just that good!
For Spice Mix:
- 2 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 6 American Lamb Shanks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, roughly chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 1 lb baby potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 cups dry red wine (don’t use expensive wine here)
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 28-oz can peeled tomatoes
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 springs fresh thyme
- 2 springs fresh rosemary
- Lebanese Rice (See recipe) Or plain Orzo pasta prepared according to package
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, add all the spice mix ingredients and mix to combine.
- Pat the lamb shanks dry and season with the spice mix on all sides.
- In a large Dutch oven pot like this one, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Working in batches, brown the lamb shanks on all sides (about 8 mins or so). Transfer the lamb shanks to a large tray or bowl for now. Carefully dispose of extra fat in a separate heat-safe bowl, and return the pot to heat.
- Now add the onions, celery, carrots and potatoes. Saute for 5-7 minutes on medium-high, or until the vegetables gain some color. Add red wine, scrape the pot of brown bits. Cook briefly so that the wine reduces a bit.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, cinnamon sticks, thyme, and rosemary. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper. Return lamb shanks back to the pot; press down to submerge. Boil for 10 minutes. Turn heat off.
- Cover the pot and transfer to the 350 degrees F-heated oven. Cook in the oven for 2 1/2 hours (It’s a good idea to check periodically through cooking just in case you need to add a little more liquid. When the shanks finish cooking, the liquid will have reduced to about 1/3 of what it was when you started.)
- While the lamb shanks are cooking, prepare rice according to this recipe, or prepare 2-3 cups of orzo pasta according to package instructions.
- Serve the lamb shanks hot with a little of the veggies and braising sauce on top of rice or orzo pasta. You might also like to prepare a side salad like this 3-ingredient Mediterranean salad or Fattoush. Enjoy!
Thanks for seeing our blog. With any luck the directions for making Mediterranean Style Wine Braised Lamb Shanks with Vegetables recipes over can be helpful for you. As well as do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and also share it with all your pals.tn
Originally posted 2018-04-13 16:53:18.