The production procedure is extremely simple, you simply need to comply with the methods that we have written on this page. The following are the stages of exactly how to cook Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake (Video).
Try this Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake when you need some low-carb and gluten-free comfort food!
This new recipe for Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake is my gift to everyone who’s been carefully watching what they eat during January and is now craving something that qualifies as comfort food. And although nothing might be quite as comforting as real pepperoni pizza, this dish is completely delicious and definitely scratches that pizza itch with something that’s also low in carbs.
- 1 jar (14 oz) pizza sauce, reduced to 1 cup (See note about pizza sauce)
- 4 large boneless-skinless chicken breasts (6-8 oz. each)
- 1 T olive oil
- 1 tsp. Greek oregano (sometimes just called oregano)
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 6 oz. piece of Mozzarella, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 oz. sliced pepperoni (regular or turkey pepperoni)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Put the pizza sauce in a small saucepan and simmer over low heat until it’s reduced to one cup, about 20 minutes. Don’t skip this step or the dish will be watery.
- While the sauce reduces, trim the chicken breasts and cut each one crosswise to make two same-size pieces. Put chicken pieces one at a time inside a heavy plastic bag and use a meat mallet (or something heavy) to pound the chicken until it’s as thin as you can get it without it shredding apart. (Don’t worry if some pieces break apart a little.) Mix the Greek oregano and garlic powder in a little bowl and then sprinkle both sides of each piece of chicken with the mixture.
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in the largest non-stick frying pan you have (you may have to do this in 2 batches if your pan isn’t big enough.) Add the chicken pieces and cook 1-2 minutes on each side, just long enough to brown the chicken but not long enough to cook it through.
Thanks for visiting our blog. Hopefully the directions for making Low-Carb Pepperoni Pizza Chicken Bake (Video) recipes over can be useful for you. As well as don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your close friends.