Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog. Here you can get an overview on how to make very delicious Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd Filling dishes. The production procedure is really easy, you simply need to adhere to the approaches that we have actually composed on this web page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to prepare Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd Filling. Please adhere to the guidelines well.
One word: birthdays. Anybody who is a baker knows what that word means. It means an excuse to make a delicious baked good rather than just “I really wanted fresh homemade cookie dough to eat” (which happened on Thursday and I ate more cookie dough than actual cookies).
So who’s birthday is it? Well, my best friend and roommate of course. I wouldn’t go to such lengths to make a layered cake if it wasn’t for her and if it wasn’t because I love her so much. And, I have posted two lemon cakes/cupcakes in the past month, but I promise you, there is a long-winded explanation.
See, Kristina is easy to figure out. She doesn’t like too sweet. She doesn’t like those kind of desserts where you layer Oreos and Reese’s in a brownie because that’s too much (I totally agree with her. Simplicity, fellow bakers, is a more is less type thing). And, oh yeah, she goes absolutely gaga over citrus anything. I’ve never seen anyone eye a lemon cupcake the way she did; it was the way a predator eyes prey or the way I eye a burger. And so I had to make her a lemon layer cake because a birthday isn’t complete without lots of layers.
For the cake:
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cups vegetable oil
- 2 ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice (preferably fresh)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 extra large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup buttermilk
- (lemon curd and cream cheese frosting recipes below)
For the lemon curd:
- 3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolks
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. grated lemon zest
- For the frosting:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 oz. butter, room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- a dash of vanilla
- a dash of lemon zest (freshly grated)
- a dash of lemon juice (to your taste)
For the cake:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Put the flour, sugar, vegetable oil, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Mix on slow for a few seconds or just until the ingredients are blended together. Raise the speed to low-medium and continue to mix until smooth, approximately 1 additional minute.
for full recipes please see : bakingisascience.com
Thank you for seeing our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Curd Filling recipes over can be useful for you. And also do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and share it with all your buddies.
Originally posted 2018-02-05 03:14:09.