Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Right here you can obtain an overview on just how to make extremely yummy Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe recipes. The manufacturing procedure is extremely simple, you just need to adhere to the techniques that we have actually composed on this web page. The following are the phases of how to prepare Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe. Please follow the instructions well.
YIELD: 12 servings
FOR THE LEMON CAKE:
2 1/4 cups cake flour*
1 tablespoon baking powder (I recommend aluminum free)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk
4 large egg whites
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
1 stick (8 tablespoons or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon pure lemon extract
FOR THE LEMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 stick (8 tablespoons or 4 ounces) unsalted butter, softened
2 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, divided (from about 1/2 a large lemon)
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon zest
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- *Cake flour is important for this recipe to ensure the layers are extra fluffy and light. If you do not have cake flour, you can make your own by measuring 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, removing 5 tablespoons of the measured flour, adding 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, then sifting the mixture together 5 times. Measure out the 2 1/4 c. needed for the recipe, then bake as directed.
- Cake layers can be baked 1 day in advance—cool completely then wrap airtight and store at room temperature.
- Frosting can be prepared 1 day in advance—place in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- Fully frosted frosted or unfrosted cakes can be frozen for up to 2 months—let thaw overnight in the refrigerator, then bring to room temperature prior to serving.
- Place a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour two 8×2-inch round cake pans, line with parchment paper, then butter the parchment.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the cake flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate medium bowl or large measuring cup, whisk together the buttermilk and egg whites.
- Place the granulated sugar and lemon zest in the bowl of a standing mixer or a large mixing bowl and rub them together with your fingers until the sugar is moist and fragrant. Add the butter and beat on medium speed for 3 full minutes, until very light and fluffy. Beat in the lemon extract.
- Visit Lemon Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting @ wellplated.com for full directions.
Thanks for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Lemon Layer Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe recipes above can be useful for you. As well as don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your good friends.tn