Hi, welcome to our recipe blog site. Below you can get a guide on just how to make extremely tasty Irish White Bean and Cabbage Stew recipes. The manufacturing procedure is very simple, you just need to adhere to the approaches that we have actually written on this page. The following are the phases of exactly how to cook Irish White Bean and Cabbage Stew. Please follow the guidelines well.
Add a smoky flavor by sprinkling on a little smoked salt or Liquid Smoke just before serving.
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 ribs celery chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 head cabbage chopped
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1-1 1/2 pounds potatoes cut in large dice
- 1/3 cup pearled barley optional or substitute with gluten-free grain
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6-8 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cooked great northern beans (2 cans, drained)
- 1 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt to taste
- Crock Pot: Place the vegetables, seasonings, and barley into a large (at least 5 quart) slow cooker. Add enough vegetable broth to just cover the vegetables (start with 6 cups and add more as needed). Cover and cook on low heat for 7 hours. Add beans, tomatoes, parsley, and salt to taste. Check seasonings and add more herbs if necessary. Cover and cook for another hour.
- Stovetop: Place vegetables, seasonings, barley, and broth into a large stockpot. Cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 45 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, check seasonings, and add more herbs if necessary. Simmer uncovered for at least 15 minutes before serving.
Thanks for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Irish White Bean and Cabbage Stew dishes over can be useful for you. And also don’t forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, as well as share it with all your pals.tn
Originally posted 2017-11-12 14:04:44.