The manufacturing process is extremely easy, you just require to comply with the approaches that we have written on this page. The complying with are the phases of just how to prepare Healthy Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto.
Healthy Slow Cooker Risotto with Butternut Squash, Goat Cheese and Brown Rice. NO STIRRING required. So creamy and comforting. You’ll never make risotto the traditional way again!
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium shallots, finely diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (or substitute additional chicken or vegetable broth)
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 1 1/2 pounds), halved, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- Coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 1/2-4 cups vegetable broth or reduced-sodium chicken broth*
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked short grain brown rice (see recipe notes for other rice types)
- 6 ounces loosely crumbled goat cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage leaves (about 4 large leaves), plus additional for topping
- Lightly coat the bottom of a 5- or 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In a large saucepan, warm the oil over medium-low heat. Add the shallots, salt, and pepper. Sauté until the shallot is soft and translucent but not brown, about 10 minutes. Add the wine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Transfer the shallot mixture to the slow cooker. Add the squash, 3 1/2 cups broth, and rice. Cook on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours (or on low for 4 to 6 hours), until the rice is tender and creamy. Check the broth level towards the end of the cooking time to ensure the risotto doesn’t dry out. If it seems too dry, stir in a bit more broth as needed.
- Stir, then taste and add additional salt and pepper as desired (I added a scant 1/2 teaspoon additional salt). Stir in the goat cheese and fresh sage. Serve immediately, topped with additional fresh sage as desired.
Thanks for visiting our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Healthy Slow Cooker Butternut Squash Risotto recipes above can be useful for you. As well as do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your good friends.tn