The production process is really simple, you simply require to comply with the approaches that we have composed on this page. The following are the phases of just how to prepare HEALTH SNACK: Maple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Bars.
Friends, we’re in serious “April showers bring May flowers” mode over here. I was waiting to pick Lincoln up outside his classroom the other day and a fellow Mom who is new to the state asked me, “is it always like this here??” I could see the terror in her eyes. Soggy, grey, and blustery has been the weather du jour for the better part of the month, and we’re all not so patiently waiting for the summer sun to start shining on the reg.
We know that packaged granola and breakfast bars are a dime a dozen, but we like this homemade version because we have control over all the ingredients and know exactly what’s going into them. There’s no lecithin or maltodextrin here. Just wholesome ingredients from our kitchen. The result is a tasty bar that’s still convenient and perfect for a quick handheld breakfast or an anytime snack.
These bars are dense and hearty and they’ll keep you going all morning long. There’s nothing worse than eating breakfast and being hungry again minutes later! The coconut oil and hearty oats make these super filling and will surely keep you satiated until your next meal. The flavors here are easy to adapt to your liking… but who doesn’t love the combination of maple and brown sugar with oatmeal? It’s our favorite comforting, homey breakfast in bar form!
FOR THE OATMEAL SQUARES:
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING (OPTIONAL):
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 tablespoons old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together egg, milk, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, baking soda, and melted butter with an electric mixer (or vigorously by hand with a whisk).
- Add the flour, stir until there are no dry parts.
- Add the oats and walnuts or pecans and fold in.
- Add mixture to prepared baking pan.
- Meanwhile, if you want the streusel topping, mix all ingredients together in a small bowl and sprinkle on top of the bars mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until set and starting to brown.
- Allow to cool for at least 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cut into squares.
- Store in an airtight container or wrapped individually in plastic wrap at room temperature for 3 days or freeze for up to 6 months.
- For a gluten free version, substitute oat flour for whole wheat flour.
- For a dairy free version, substitute coconut oil for butter.
Thank you for visiting our blog. Ideally the instructions for making HEALTH SNACK: Maple-Cinnamon Oatmeal Breakfast Bars recipes over can be useful for you. And also do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and also share it with all your good friends.