The production procedure is very easy, you simply require to adhere to the methods that we have actually created on this page. The following are the phases of how to prepare HEALTH RECIPE: Vegan Tex Mex Egg Rolls.
Homemade chili, hasselback potatoes, papas nachos, brownies, and cookies typically grace my countertop and now that football season is back, I’m adding something new to the menu, homemade Tex Mex Egg Rolls.
My mind is all over the place.
I actually took a picture the other day that depicts pretty well what the inside of my head looks like. Those puzzle pieces on the floor? They’re every little thing I’m trying to get done. That food on the table? That is this blog, continuing to be a completely self-imposed importance in my life. The baby in the corner? One of several that has so. many. demands. I remember reading somewhere that children are like little terrorists and if anyone else treated you the way they do they would be arrested. So true!
I’m seriously in love with these little egg rolls. They are deliciously addicting, chewy and cheesy on the inside and warm and crispy on the outside, just like they should be. And if I had to pick just one party appetizer as my absolute favorite, this would be it! These Tex Mex Egg Rolls are ridiculously good!
Despite my brain scatter, dinner is of the utmost importance. This recipe has existed up in my scatter brain for a few years now. I didn’t grab it out of a cookbook or off of a blog, its just something I throw together out of memory whenever I’m craving something I can eat with rice. I’m not a huge fan of the word savory but, wow, if there is one food in the world that epitomizes the word savory it is these egg rolls. They’re perfectly crispy without being fried and the beans, veggies, and spices all marry together perfectly into the most satisfying bite.
Typically, I have everything needed to make the filling and dipping sauce. The only thing left to buy are the vegan egg roll wrappers, and Twin Dragon Asian Wrappers are now my go-to. They are the only wrappers that I found (at Walmart) which are vegan, GMO-free and made from 100% natural ingredients (click link for more information OR for a GF option, check out these homemade wrappers from imglutenfree.com).
- 1/4 red onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves chopped
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 red pepper chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper chopped
- 1/2 orange pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese I used sharp cheddar
- 8 oz low-sodium black beans (drained)
- 1 can diced tomatoes and chilis (drained) I used Rotel
- 1 cup frozen kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons cilantro chopped
- 1/2 lime juice of
- 1/4 packet Taco Seasoning I used Trader Joe’s
- cooking oil
- cup of water
- Avocado Ranch Dip
- 8 oz sour cream I used fat-free
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dip Seasoning
- Heat a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and onions. Cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Add all of the peppers to the skillet. Mix well. Cook for 1-2 minutes
- Add the black beans, corn, tomatoes, and cheese. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Drizzle the fresh lime juice throughout. Add the cilantro and taco seasoning. Stir.
- Lay the egg roll wrappers on a flat surface. Dip a cooking brush in water. Glaze each of the egg roll wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Use 2 egg rolls for each. I chose to double roll the egg rolls to prevent them from leaking. If the brand of egg roll wrappers you purchased is pretty thick, you may only need one wrapper and no need to double up.
- Load the mixture into each of the wrappers.
- Fold the wrappers diagonally to close. Press firmly on the area with the filling, cup it to secure it in place. Fold in the left and right sides as triangles. Fold the final layer over the top to close. Use the cooking brush to wet the area and secure it in place. Spray each egg roll with cooking oil.
- Load the egg rolls into the pan of the Air Fryer. Spray with cooking oil.
- Cook for 8 minutes at 380 degrees. Flip the egg rolls. Cook for an additional 4 minutes. Cool before serving.
- Avocado Ranch Dip
- Peel the avocado and remove the pit. Mash the avocado in a bowl. I like to use a potato masher.
- Add the sour cream and ranch seasoning. Stir well to combine.
- If this recipe list looks long and overwhelming, trim down some of the ingredients! I love colorful egg rolls, especially for serving while hosting. Feel free to omit the multi-colored peppers if you aren’t into them.
- If you like really crispy egg rolls, cook them for 4-5 minutes longer than the timing noted above. Use your judgment.
- Taste your avocado ranch dip after preparation. Determine if you feel you need to use the full packet vs half of the packet.
- Feel free to add jalapenos to this recipe for added spice! The Trader Joe’s Taco Seasoning noted above has a small kick to it.
- If you want cheesy egg rolls, add more cheese than what is listed in this recipe. I would recommend adding it to the egg roll after you have loaded in the veggie mixture, right before sealing.
- I often substitute sour cream for plain, non-fat Greek yogurt. It also adds additional protein!
Thanks for visiting our blog site. With any luck the directions for making HEALTH RECIPE: Vegan Tex Mex Egg Rolls recipes over can be beneficial for you. And also do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and also share it with all your pals.