Hi, welcome to our recipe blog site. Right here you can get an overview on exactly how to make really yummy Greek Lamb Meatballs Recipe – A delicious taste of Greece dishes. The production process is really easy, you just require to adhere to the techniques that we have created on this web page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to prepare Greek Lamb Meatballs Recipe – A delicious taste of Greece. Please adhere to the directions well.
Crispy, juicy and absolutely delicious! This traditional Greek lamb meatballs recipe (Keftedes arni) is a must try!
- 1 kg ground lamb (35 oz.).
- 1 large red onion, grated
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 a cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp finely grated Greek kefalotyri cheese or good-quality pecorino or Parmigiano-Reggiano (optional)
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- flour for dredging
- oil for frying
- To prepare this traditional Greek lamb meatballs recipe (arnisioi keftedes), add all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix , squeezing with your hands, to allow the flavours to blend. Cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- To form your Greek lamb meatballs, roll the mixture into balls, the size of a walnut. Dredge lightly each meatball in flour, until well covered. Transfer to a plate, shaking off any excess flour.
- The traditional way of cooking Greek lamb meatballs is frying them in plenty of oil.
- To fry Greek lamb meatballs use a large, deep skillet and pour in the oil to a depth of 1/2 an inch (1,5 cm). Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it begins to ripple. Add the lamb meatballs in batches in a single layer and fry for about 7 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned and crisp on all sides. Using a slotted spoon, remove the meatballs to a plate lined with paper.
- If you prefer a lighter version, you can bake/ grill the meatballs. Preheat the oven at 200C, place the lamb meatballs on greased baking sheet about an inch apart. Bake for about 20 minutes, turning the meatballs upside down midway through cooking time.
- Greek lamb meatballs are ideally served as an appetizer (meze) with some creamy tzatziki sauce and pita breads or as a main course with some basmati rice and a Greek salad. Enjoy!
Thank you for visiting our blog site. Ideally the instructions for making Greek Lamb Meatballs Recipe – A delicious taste of Greece recipes above can be beneficial for you. As well as do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and share it with all your buddies.tn