Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Right here you can obtain an overview on exactly how to make really tasty Gluten Free Fried Chicken KFC-Style dishes. The production process is extremely easy, you simply require to follow the methods that we have written on this page. The complying with are the phases of how to cook Gluten Free Fried Chicken KFC-Style. Please follow the guidelines well.
Missing that extra-special blend of 11 herbs and spices in KFC chicken now that you’re gluten free? This gluten free fried chicken will be a welcome addition to your family traditions!
- About 4 pounds bone-in skin-on chicken parts (I used 2 split chicken breasts and 4 drumsticks)*
- 1 1/2 cups (12 fluid ounces) buttermilk
- 1 cup (224 g) plain yogurt (or you can use 1 additional cup buttermilk in place of the yogurt)
- 2 cups (280 g) basic gum-free gluten free flour blend (184 g superfine white rice flour + 62 g potato starch + 34 g tapioca starch/flour) (yes, you do have to use this blend!)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons (36 g) sugar
- Neutral oil, for frying (peanut oil is ideal, but a mixture of half canola oil and half nonhydrogenated vegetable shortening works very well, too)
*F0r easier frying, and easier eating, try slicing each split chicken breast in half while it’s still on the bone. A large sharp knife and a swift motion will do the trick.
- In a large, zip-top bag or large bowl, place the chicken parts, buttermilk and yogurt, and stir to coat the chicken parts fully. Squeeze out all of the air if using a zip-top bag before sealing the bag. If using a bowl, cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap. Place the chicken in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 4 and up to 16 hours.
- Once the chicken has finished marinating, in a medium-size bowl, place the flour blend, pepper, salt, paprika, oregano, thyme, parsley, cumin, cinnamon, onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, and sugar, and whisk to combine well. Pour all of the dry ingredients into a large, zip-top bag. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. Remove the chicken parts from the marinade, about 2 at a time, and place in the bag of dry ingredients, seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken parts fully. Remove the chicken from the dry ingredients and place on the prepared baking sheet. Allow the coated chicken to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes to allow the dry ingredients to form a thick paste on the chicken. This will help the coating stick to the chicken during frying.
- While the chicken is sitting, prepare the frying oil. Place about 3-inches of frying oil in a large, heavy-bottom pot or fryer. Clip a deep-fry/candy thermometer to the side of the pot or fryer, and place the oil over medium-high heat. Bring the oil temperature to 350°F. Place the coated chicken parts in the hot oil, taking care not to crowd the oil. To prevent the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pot, hold each piece with tongs or a spider in the hot oil just above the bottom for about a minute to allow the bottom skin of the chicken to seal. Fry until golden brown all over, about 7 minutes on each side. Turn the heat down to bring the oil temperature to 325°F and allow the chicken to continue to cook until the internal temperature of each piece reaches nearly 165°F (about 10 minutes more). Place the chicken on a wire rack placed over paper towels to drain and cool before serving.
Thanks for seeing our blog site. With any luck the directions for making Gluten Free Fried Chicken KFC-Style dishes above can be valuable for you. And also don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and also share it with all your good friends.tn
Originally posted 2018-01-05 21:29:07.