The production procedure is very simple, you just require to comply with the methods that we have written on this web page. The adhering to are the phases of how to prepare Glazed Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies.
Shortbread thumbprint cookies are one of my favorite holiday cookies. It just so happens to be very popular this time of year as well. If you’re looking to entertain guests, family, special holiday events or gift cookies, everyone will love shortbread cookies filled with jam. Shortbread cookie dough is a lot of fun to work with. This dough can be make for these cookies are it can be rolled out and made into cookie cutter shapes for the holidays. Fill the thumbprint centers with your favorite sweet jam, chocolate or caramel sauce.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam , or any flavor jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla/almond/lemon extract – optional
- In a large bowl fit with a mixer, beat butter on high speed until light and fluffy, about a minute or two. Add sugar, and vanilla/almond extract and beat on medium speed. Slowly, add flour (1/2 cup at a time) and continue to beat on low until Soft dough forms. Compact dough and cover it with plastic wrap for at least 2-4 hours; dough should be firm when working with. I refrigerated my dough over night.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Scoop 1 inch balls of dough and roll them until they are smooth. Place on cookie sheet and press thumb into dough on each ball. Dough may crack, simply smooth over with finger. Fill each thumbprint center will jam and bake for 13-14 minutes. Do not over bake, cookies will harden but will be soft. Place dough refrigerator after each use. Allow cookies to cool before placing on a wire rack. Allow cookie sheet to completely cool before using again or cookie dough may spread.
For full instructions please see : www.swankyrecipes.com
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Ideally the guidelines for making Glazed Strawberry Thumbprint Cookies dishes above can be helpful for you. And do not forget to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, and share it with all your close friends.