The manufacturing process is very simple, you just require to comply with the techniques that we have actually written on this web page. The adhering to are the phases of just how to cook Easy Vegetarian Mexican Rice.
Easy Vegetarian Mexican Rice – serve is as a side or as main dish with tacos, burritos & more. Vegan & gluten-free.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons yellow corn
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 cup crushed canned tomatoes
- 1.5 cups vegetable broth or water
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Rinse and soak rice in enough water for 15-20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat. Once hot add chopped red onion and cook for a minute. Then add chopped jalapeno and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped garlic and cook for another minute.
- Add yellow corn and mix. Add cumin powder, salt, pepper and mix. You may also add some cayenne pepper at this point to increase the heat.
- Add the soaked rice to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vegetable broth or water and mix. Lower the heat to medium.
- Cover the pan and cook for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, lower heat to low and cover and cook for another 5-10 minutes or till rice is soft and done.
- Switch off flame and let the rice remain covered. Remove cover after 10-15 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, add cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve vegetarian mexican rice as a side or main dish and enjoy!
Thank you for seeing our blog. Ideally the instructions for making Easy Vegetarian Mexican Rice dishes above can be valuable for you. And don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch listed below, and share it with all your friends.tn