Hello there, welcome to our recipe blog site. Below you can get an overview on exactly how to make really delicious Easy French Onion Soup dishes. The manufacturing process is very simple, you simply need to comply with the techniques that we have written on this web page. The following are the phases of just how to cook Easy French Onion Soup. Please adhere to the guidelines well.
1 very large onion, about 1½ pounds, halved thinly sliced
5 tablespoons butter
½ teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
3½ cups broth (chicken or beef)
6 slices white baguette
1½ cup Gruyere cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a large Dutch oven. Add onions, reduce the heat to medium low and cook stirring constantly until tender and caramelised. Don’t let the onions stick to the bottom of the pot. They should be rich brown colour with distinctive smell. It will take about 50 minutes. Whisk in flour and simmer stirring constantly for 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add broth and simmer with a lid on for 25 minutes.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Ladle soup between 3 ramekins and top with a few slices of baguette. Generously sprinkle with Gruyere cheese.
- Place the ramekins into a rimmed baking sheet and broil for a few minutes until cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Serve immediately!
Original Recipes visit: Easy French Onion Soup @ lavenderandmacarons.com
Thank you for seeing our blog site. Hopefully the directions for making Easy French Onion Soup recipes over can be beneficial for you. And don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your close friends.