Hello, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can get a guide on just how to make really tasty Easy 20-Minutes Fish Stew recipes. The production procedure is really easy, you simply require to comply with the techniques that we have actually composed on this page. The adhering to are the stages of just how to prepare Easy 20-Minutes Fish Stew. Please comply with the guidelines well.
Growing up in Brazil, Fish Stew (known as Moqueca) was always a hot item on the menu. Each family would add their own touch but overall the dish consisted of white fish cooked in a delicious and flavorful broth, with or without spices but always with coconut milk as a base and fragrant palm oil.
Nowadays I continue to make fish stew a tradition for my family. But as the years have passed, I’ve settled for more approachable terms when it comes to making fish stew, such as using fresh wild cod instead of salted cod which required a day long of soaking to de-salt the fish. Additionally I’ve adapted my recipe without the use palm oil due to the shameful practices around the sourcing of such delicacy.
The final product came to fruition with the addition of sour cream. I always cook with high quality ingredients so that is why I chose Hood® Sour Cream, a trusted name for generations of New England families. It really elevated my recipe, creating the most amazing combination of flavors and richness that was tastier than ever!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 whole white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 lb wild cod
- 15 oz can diced tomato
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup Hood Sour Cream
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 whole green pepper, sliced
- 1 pinch sea salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and garlic, cook until fragrant (3 mins). Add can of diced tomato, stir. Proceed to add in coconut milk, Hood Sour Cream and tomato paste. Give mixture a stir and allow it to cook for 2-3 mins.
- Next add sliced peppers and cod chunks. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cover and allow fish to simmer for 10-12 minutes. About 3/4 of the way carefully turn the cod pieces that are not completely immersed in broth.
- Read more please visit : gardeninthekitchen.com
Thank you for seeing our blog site. Hopefully the directions for making Easy 20-Minutes Fish Stew recipes above can be helpful for you. As well as don’t neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, as well as share it with all your pals.