Hey there, welcome to our recipe blog. Below you can obtain an overview on just how to make extremely tasty Drunken Cherry Chocolate Cake recipes. The production procedure is really easy, you simply require to follow the techniques that we have written on this page. The adhering to are the phases of just how to prepare Drunken Cherry Chocolate Cake. Please comply with the directions well.
For the Cake Batter:
4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened to room temp
1 1/2 cups white granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup warm milk I used 1%
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup unsweetened dark chocolate cocoa powder I used one that is a blend of natural and dutched cocoa
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
For the Filling:
4 cups 1 lb fresh pitted cherries
1/2 cup golden rum I used Bacardi Gold $8/bottle at a liquor store
1/4 cup cold filtered water
For the Frosting:
2 sticks 1 cup or 16 Tbsp unsalted butter, softened to room temp
3 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp fine sea salt
16 oz 2 blocks cream cheese, softened to room temp and cut into 16 pieces
4 Tbsp of the reserved cherry/rum syrup
Semi-sweet chocolate chips to create shaved chocolate
A handful of fresh cherries for the top
- Boozing up your cherries:
- Rinse, drain and pit your 1 lb of cherries. Roughly chop your pitted cherries and place them in a medium bowl with 1/2 cup golden rum. Let sit at room temp for 1 hour then drain cherries in a sieve over a bowl. Keep both the cherries and the syrup.
Making the Chocolate Cake Layers:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Butter and flour two, 8-inch cake pans and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat together 4 Tbsp soft butter, 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar, 2 eggs and 1 tsp vanilla. Beat on high speed for 7 min until light and fluffy. Whisk in 1 cup warm milk until smooth.
- For full instructions please see : natashaskitchen.com
Thank you for seeing our blog. Ideally the instructions for making Drunken Cherry Chocolate Cake recipes over can be valuable for you. And do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, as well as share it with all your good friends.