The production procedure is very easy, you simply need to adhere to the techniques that we have actually created on this page. The following are the stages of how to cook Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew.
- Grease a slow cooker with non-stick spray. I use a 6-quart crockpot.
- Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into large chunks. Measure to get a heaping 3 cups and place in the prepared slow cooker.
- Add in the chopped celery, chopped onion (I actually just cube the onion in 4 large pieces so I can easily pull them out and then chop and put them in my bowls of stew since the husband hates onion. SO if you hate onion, put them in to get a great flavor and then you can pull it out after it’s done cooking! 🙂 )
- Add in the bag of carrots, drained can of corn (I buy corn that is fire-roasted and it adds so much flavor! It’s right by regular canned corn in the grocery store) and undrained can of diced tomatoes.
- Toss together the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. Toss the cut stew meat (cut in 1 inch cubes if not pre-cut) in the flour mixture until well coated.
- Place the coated meat in the slow cooker on top of all the vegetables. You do not need to pre-cook the meat at all.
- Add in the bay leaf, minced garlic, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and fresh parsley. (I coarsely chop parsley and pack it in a tablespoon measuring spoon to get that measurement.)
- Add in the boullion cubes and the water.
- You don’t even need to stir it. Just cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for 5-7 hours or until the sweet potatoes and vegetables are tender and the meat is cooked through. All slow cookers cook at different temperatures. Mine takes about 8 hours on low and I don’t typically cook stews on high because I find them to be more flavorful (meat more tender) after slow cooking all day!
- When ready to serve, remove the bay leaf.
- If you are home, occasionally stir the stew throughout the day.
- Stir the ingredients together and slightly mash the tender sweet potatoes in the crockpot. This gives it a chunkier and thicker stew consistency and it’s delicious!
- If desired top with some fresh parsley.
Original Recipes visit: Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew @ chelseasmessyapron.com
Thanks for seeing our blog site. Ideally the directions for making Crockpot Sweet Potato Stew recipes above can be helpful for you. And do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, as well as share it with all your pals.