Hey there, welcome to our recipe blog. Right here you can get a guide on how to make really delicious Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder dishes. The manufacturing process is very easy, you just need to follow the methods that we have created on this page. The complying with are the stages of exactly how to cook Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder. Please follow the instructions well.
Brighten up your summer with this Vegan Corn Chowder. It’s super creamy, flavor-packed & satisfying. You’ll get a taste of fresh sweet corn in every bite!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews , soaked in water 3-4 hours (*See Note)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened soy milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion , diced
- 2 celery stalks , diced
- 2 medium carrots , diced or sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2-3 med/large cloves garlic , minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (*See Note)
- 4 1/2 cups vegetable broth , low sodium (*See Note)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 medium russet potatoes , peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt , more to taste
- 3 cups fresh corn , cut off kernels from corn cobs (frozen can be used)
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Fresh cracked pepper , to taste
- 1/2 cup green onion , sliced (for topping)
- Blend the soy milk & cashews (discard soaking water) together until very smooth. Set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat oil & butter over medium heat. Add onion and sauté until translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Add celery, carrots, garlic, thyme, crushed red pepper, Sauté about 5-7 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Add wine and turn heat up to medium-high to simmer. Once simmering turn heat back to medium. Cook wine down, about 3-5 minutes. Stir often.
- Sprinkle flour over veggies and stir constantly for 1 minute. This will cook off the raw flour taste.
- Stir in broth and add potatoes, bay leaves, and salt. Turn heat up again to medium-high to simmer. Once simmering turn heat back to medium and simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Discard bay leaves.
- Add corn kernels and cook until tender. About 5-8 minutes depending on desired tenderness.
- Turn heat to medium low and slowly stir in cashew cream. Taste for seasoning and add more if needed. Cook for 3-4 minutes and remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and fresh cracked pepper.
- Using an immersion blender or regular blender, blend some of the soup depending on your desired consistency. I like lots of texture, so I blend less than half the pot. You can skip blending the soup if you prefer a chunkier soup. If you want it thicker (if not blending) mash some of the potatoes on the side of the pot with a fork.
- Place in your favorite soup bowls & garnish with fresh green onion. Side with crackers or crispy bread. Enjoy!
Thanks for seeing our blog. Hopefully the instructions for making Creamy Vegan Corn Chowder recipes above can be helpful for you. And do not neglect to share this recipe by clicking the PIN switch below, and share it with all your good friends.tn
Originally posted 2017-12-20 19:12:36.