The production procedure is very simple, you just need to adhere to the methods that we have created on this page. The complying with are the phases of how to cook Creamy New England Fish Chowder.
This classic creamy, New England fish chowder uses simple ingredients and tastes like restaurant quality.
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 pound red potatoes (3 med), cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1 pound skinless fish fillets (cod, haddock, or pollock), cut into 1/2- inch pieces
- 1 cup corn
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unbleached, all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Green onions or chives as a garnish (optional)
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan, place it on a plate, and crumble once it is has cooled. Set aside.
- Add the onions to the bacon drippings in the pan and cook until the onions are soft, about 3-5 minutes. Deglaze the pan by adding about 1/2 cup of the water. As the liquid bubbles and simmers, scrape the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to release the flavor infused brown bits.
- Add the rest of the water and the potatoes. Bring the pan to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are partially cooked, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the fish and corn to the saucepan and simmer until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the potatoes are soft, about 3-5 minutes.
- Whisk the heavy cream and flour together and add it to the pan. Add the parsley, salt and pepper, and stir until the chowder is thickened. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes longer. Serve warm in bowls topped with a pat of butter and reserved bacon. Makes 6 main-dish servings, or 10 side-dish servings.
Thanks for seeing our blog. With any luck the guidelines for making Creamy New England Fish Chowder recipes over can be useful for you. And also do not fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button below, and share it with all your friends.tn