The manufacturing procedure is extremely simple, you just require to adhere to the methods that we have actually written on this web page. The complying with are the phases of exactly how to cook Creamy Ham and Potato Soup.
A hearty soup to take the chill off and fill your belly! Made without cream, this Whole30-friendly soup relies on potatoes for it’s thick and creamy texture – you’ll never know it’s dairy-free.
- 1 Tbsp. cooking fat of choice
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large leek, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 cups red potatoes, skin-on, ½-inch dice
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 8 oz. cooked ham, ¼-inch dice
- 2 cups kale, tightly packed, torn into small pieces (about ½ bunch)
- ½ tsp. sea salt or to taste
- ¼ tsp. black pepper or to taste
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Place a Dutch oven or other large pot with a lid over medium heat. Add fat and when melted, add onion, carrot, celery and leeks. Saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally until onions start to soften.
- Add garlic, stir and cook an additional 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes, broth and thyme. Bring soup just to a boil then reduce heat, cover and simmer until potatoes and carrots are tender – about 30 minutes, depending on how large they are and how vigorous the simmer.
- When vegetables are tender, insert an immersion blender into the soup on one side of the pot and process until creamy. Stir to mix the part you just pureed into the other half of the soup (you can also remove ½ of the soup and process it in a blender or food processor then return it to the pan).
- Add diced ham and kale continue to heat until ham is warm and kale is wilted. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired. Serve.
Thank you for visiting our blog site. Ideally the guidelines for making Creamy Ham and Potato Soup recipes above can be valuable for you. And also don’t fail to remember to share this recipe by clicking the PIN button listed below, as well as share it with all your buddies.tn